26. Home

I begged Jordan to drive me to the airport after school since she was my ride today. Austin's coming home today, and he said his flight would get here around 3:30. Jordan just dropped me off and it's 3:36. I'm hoping he'll already be off the plane by the time I get to his gate.

I manage to push through the crowds, and make my way towards his gate. As I look around, I spot him and instantly smile.

"Austin." I called out as I walked towards him.

He looked around to see who'd called him, and when he finally made eye contact with me, he smiled. We started walking towards each other, and when I reached him, I wrapped my arms around him.

"I missed you." I said into his ear.

"I missed you too, babygirl."

I pulled back to see his face, and I caught sight of something I hadn't noticed before. Right in the middle of his cheek, was a big line of stitches. Once I noticed that, I also noticed the little cuts and bruises that covered him.

I gasped and went to touch his cheek but he grabbed my hand and held it down by his side.

"I'm fine, I promise." He said with a small smile, trying to convince me that he actually was.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it. Let's get out of here." He smiled.

We went to get his luggage, and then we went out to his car. He was putting all of his luggage in the trunk as I sat and waited in the passenger seat. I offered to help him, but he refused.

"Okay, we're good to go." He said, starting up the car.

"Okay." I smiled.

"Oh, wait, I forgot to do something."

"What?" I asked.

"Come here." He smirked. He started to lean in and just as we were about to kiss, a car door flew open.

"Austin, can I get a ride?" Zach asked.

"Why the hell can't you get a ride from Alex?" He asked, annoyed that we'd been interuppted.

"He left." Zach replied.

"Fine, get in, but i'm taking you straight home." Austin told him.

"I get it, you want to spend time with your girl."

I playfully rolled my eyes at his friend.

"Hey want to call in a pizza or something? It'll probably get to my house the same time we do." Austin suggested.

"Yeah, sounds good." I grabbed my phone and dialed the number for the pizza place nearest Austin's house. "Done."

"Thank you. I'm starving."

"Me too, actually." I replied. It was quiet for a moment but I decided to ask a question. "Are you guys going back to school tomorrow?"

"I'll be there." Zach answered.

"Not me. I'll be there the day after, though.

"Oh."

"If you want, I can pick you up from school tomorrow, and we could go do something."

"We should, it'll be fun." I smiled.

We dropped Zach off at his house and then went back to Austin's. I helped him bring his luggage inside and to his room.

"So how was London? Other than the work stuff, was it nice?" I asked, sitting on his bed. He sat down beside me.

"Yeah, it was cool. When we weren't working we actually went out and had fun." He said.