1. My Kingdom

To better to understand the story, you can read Brilliance (my other story) but you don't have to. All my Haikyuu Fanfiction stories relate with each other.

Please Enjoy :D
________________________________________________

Kimiko POV
(Spring High Tournament)

"Match point. Karasuno 24 - Shiratorizawa 24" the referee blows his whistle as Karasuno scores another point to us. I look around observing my teammates' conditions. Out of all of them, I notice Amu heavily breathing after all the spikes and jumps she had to do. I feel a sweat drop slowly fall down my neck. We need to win this. I need to prove that I'm not my dad's puppet nor am I Natsuki's shadow. I plunge down to my own thoughts in fear of the possibility of us losing in this tournament... that is until I hear Hinata's hollering voice, "Kimiko!!!! Do your best!!!!" I turn over and see Hinata's big smile shining down making all the thoughts that cloud over my mind disappear. That's right... He's the one who gave me the wings to fly for myself as Kimiko and not a Serizawa. I look at his direction and grin, "I'm not giving up yet!" I shout and turn to Amu who nods her head in understanding.

Humans Have No Wings So They Search For A Way To Fly

(Rewind 12 months before Spring Tournament - In Shiratorizawa Academy's Garden)

"Lady Serizawa would you like green tea or milk tea?" Ken, my butler, asks me with two tea cups on the tray.

"Ken you don't have to treat me like this, I known you for my whole life." I tell him and stare at the at the two tea cups. I don't want any tea. I'm sick of it. I take a glance at Ken who makes a puppy face waiting for me to choose between the two. "Ken, stop it. You know I can't ignore that puppy face." I command him, but he keeps his puppy face on, making me lose all my composure. "Milk tea," I answer. He happily nods his head and serves me some fresh milk tea with ingredients out of the country. Once he finishes preparing the milk tea, I take a sip and make a bitter face. It's the same taste I thought it would be. Once again the milk tea is flavorless. I forcibly drink the rest of the tea and hand back the empty tea cup to him.

He takes it and grins, "It'll be the first day of school for you. Your father got you to attend Shiratorizawa Academy in such a young age. He must be very proud of you. You got to completely skip junior high so easily." Ken says while makes strange hand gestures. I just stare at him with a puzzled look. "I'll even help you around, after all it's my second year at the school." He grins and I giggle a little from his hand gestures, but my thoughts lead to somewhere else.

My father being proud of me. That's probably the biggest lie of my life. My mom constantly tells me that I need to impress my father ever since my sister, Natsuki, left the household. Yet no matter what skills I have to show him, he'll never look my way. At least for Natsuki, he would tell him his honest opinion on the way he felt about her. For her, at least she got criticism on what she was doing....at least he was looking out for her. Father wouldn't look at me... he just saw me as a mistake. He doesnt even notice me or see me as his own child. I sigh in deep thought and Ken pokes me back on the shoulder trying to get my attention.

"... Sorry Ken, it's just... I don't feel so good... Being in Shiratorizawa Academy instead of a regular junior high and not to mention joining the girl's volleyball team in my first year... I don't feel all too great," I straightforwardly tell him and he smiles.

"It's okay, it's not easy to adjust to all of this but don't worry I'm always here for you Kimiko," he reassures me.

Ever since Natsuki left, Ken became my pillar support as an older type of sibling. We weren't related in any way, but he always made me feel the most comfortable. Yet I already he knew that he liked my sister, Natsuki. I mean who wouldn't like Natsuki, she truly had talented and wasn't afraid to show it.