It Hurts

*Niall*

I just stood there as she walked away from me. I could not believe what I was hearing. Her words were like a knife cutting into my chest.

The inner torment I felt at her words will forever fill my waking moments. I know that forever is a long time, but the pain I felt, the hurt I held off my shattered heart will forever haunt me.

I am used to be in control, but this I can not control. Is this truly the end of us, of our love? Will I ever trust again? Maybe in time, the cuts and bruises will heal, but for now, the torment is my burden.

I feel dead inside, yet I am still alive, so my life is not obsolete, I have to go on, I have to live for the day that she will come back to me.

I could feel tears in my eyes, but I quickly blinked them back when a few fans spotted me and came over to me, asking for autographs and photos. I gladly agreed since I didn't want to disappoint them.

A girl with short black hair stood to one side not worrying about who I am; she made me think of Zenè.

She started talking to me like we were the only two people there while everyone else was enjoying my company.

"Where is Zenè?" She spoke softly.

The rest of the girls finished up and walked away, leaving her standing there with me. She introduced herself as Sasha, and I took her by the arm leading her to a quieter place.

It felt like I could trust her and maybe she could help me sort out the problem with Zenè.

"Where is Zenè? " She repeated her question.

"There is... Can I ask you something, Sasha?" I looked out into the distance, trying not to make eye contact with her.

"Yes, sure, but I won't say that I will be of much help."

I knew that the time I was spending with her could give Zenè some time to think things over and maybe, just maybe, she would agree to marry me.

"What would you do if your true love just walks out on you?"

She looked at me and this time, I focused more of my attention on her, listening to every word that she said.

"If it was me? I would go and find them and tell them how much I love them, how I can't live without them, how they make my world a better place and when I wake up they should be the one next to me."

A tear rolled down her cheek, and she quickly wiped it away, displaying a sad smile.

Her words got stuck in my head, and I knew that I had to get Zenè back, she was my one true love and I can't and won't live without her.

She makes the sun shine a bit brighter; she makes my world turn, and the way she makes me feel is a feeling that I want to have for the rest of my life.

I gave her a smile and a hug, telling her goodbye, before getting into the elevator.

I got down to where the black Mercedes waited for me and asked George to take me back to the hotel.

"Mr. Niall, did you ask Miss Zenè to marry you?"

I told George my plan a few days ago, and he helped me plan out everything since he had contacts everywhere in Paris.

"Yes... yes, I did ask her."

"What did she say?" George kept looking at me in the rearview mirror.

"She... said no George." I hung my head in shame trying to hide my tears.

"I am sorry to hear that Mr. Niall."

"Just step on it George, I have to speak to her, to win her back."

George took a different road, this time, saying that it was a short cut to the hotel. He drove as fast as he could, and I had to hold on at some places.

We finally reached the hotel in record time and in one piece. I ran to the elevator and pushed the button for my floor, all the while thinking about what I was going to say to Zenè.

*Stay sweet Xoxo .