Zenè Part 1

So, to get to me, I am not your typical popular girl. No, I am the kind of girl that likes wearing shirts and jeans with sneakers.

I won't ever wear a dress, that is not me. I feel so naked and exposed when I wear a dress.

Everyone always called me a Tomboy, but I was never offended by it because I knew it was the truth.

I am not skinny, no, I am curvy and I liked it. I was the kind of girl that never wanted to look at herself in the mirror cause I never saw myself as pretty.

I always saw myself as the ugly one, the ugly duckling if you know what I mean.

I never really had friends, cause I was always the shy one in school and people never wanted to be seen with me, they always thought I was weird.

During break times, I usually spent in the music class writing my own music or just jamming on the guitar.

The music teacher really enjoyed my jamming sessions, always telling me that I have real talent, but I never believed her.

So I was dating this guy Mike, whom I met at a park two years ago. I was playing catch with Lucan and our golden retriever 'Bullet'.

Lucan threw the ball for Bullet when the ball rolled to the other side of the park where a guy with black hair stepped onto the ball and slipped.

I ran over to help him up when I also slipped and fell down beside him. He started laughing at me and I couldn't help but laugh at myself.

We stood up and he introduced himself. "Hi, I am Mike and what is your name?" He said to me, still smiling.

"I... Uhm, I am Zenè." I said with my cheeks turning red, as I blushed.

He was really good looking, even pretty, I had to admit to myself.

He asked for my number, but I never thought in a million years that a guy like him would ask for my number.

Me of all people? The plain old Jane kind of girl.

I took the ball and went back to Lucan where he waited for me. He gave me that knowing look of his and I knew what he wanted to ask me.

"Lucan... Don't you dare ask me that."

He looked at me and started laughing.

"And dear sister, what do you think I am going to ask you?" He had a big smile on his face.

"You know. Who is he? What does he do? Is he single or married? Does he have money? And why was he talking to you? You know what kind of questions". I smiled and looked at my feet, feeling myself blushing once again as I thought of Mike, his wide smile and his infectious laughter.

He looked at me and smiled. "You are totally wrong sis, I only wanted to know if he asked for your number."

My cheeks once again turned red and I just started laughing, you know, that weird kind of laughing where you just can't stop.

"I knew it!" He shouted out, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

So later that night I got a text message from a number I didn't know.

"Nice meeting you today, hope that I can see you again soon. Maybe a date, you and me tomorrow? We could go and get some ice cream and if you don't like ice cream, maybe we can go to the movies or just do something? Xxx Mike"

I started laughing, who in the world doesn't like ice cream? This dude is totally weird. I saved the number and texted him back.

"Sorry, but I am allergic to ice cream." Then hit send, thinking to myself, that it was really a stupid thing to say, but oh well, it is already sent.

After a few minutes, he texted me back. "What? You must be kidding me? Allergic to ice cream, how can that be?"

When the text came through I started laughing and texted him back. "Just kidding :) but I am more of a Milkshake kind of girl."

It went on for a few hours, texting each other back and forth before I fell asleep.

I liked dating Mike, cause he likes me for me and no one else. He never tried to change me. He was a real gentleman.

Mike and I dated for a year and three months when I caught him snogging, another girl at my little niece and nephew's birthday party.

I couldn't believe my eyes, I always dreaded this moment, I never thought that it would happen to me.

It was like someone ripped my heart from my chest and fed it to hungry wolves. I turned around and ran up to my room, I locked the door behind me so that no one could come in.

I lay face down with my face in my pillow and cried what felt like forever. My sobs suddenly stopped when I heard a loud banging on my door.

"Please open up," Mike shouted from the other side of the door. "I won't do it again, please forgive me?" He begged.

I stood up and went to my closet where I found a baseball bat, yeah I know, a weird thing to find in a girls closet.

I went over to my door, unlocked it and opened it slowly, my eyes red from crying and my hair messy from lying on the bed.

I could see a frightening look in his eyes and he knew what was coming. You don't mess with a Texas girl and get away with it.

*Stay sweet Xoxo ✌.