Elevators and Kissing

Lou curled my hair and put some last touches to my makeup. I stood up from the chair and walked over to the dresses.

"I don't wear dresses, Lou."

"You know what honey? I think you are going to look beautiful in whatever you decide to wear."

I eyed all the dresses and decided on the black dress. Lou helped me into it, zipping up the back for me.

"Oh my... Come, you have to look in the mirror." She took my hand in hers and led me over to the mirror.

"Wow! It ... is this really me?" I was shocked by what I saw, I have never looked like this.

There was a loud knock on the door, and Lou went to open it up. Niall came in talking to Lou when his gaze found me. He looked dumbstruck, his eyes roved over me taking in my appearance.

"Wow..."

"Niall love, would you please pick up your jaw before you move?" Lou whispered from beside him

"You ... you look amazing."

"Thank you." I found my cheeks burning up.

Niall took my hand and led me out of the room towards the elevator. Our hands were entwined, my heart beating a mile a minute.

We got into the elevator, and Niall pushed the button for the ground floor. The countdown of the numbers once again fascinated me.

*Niall*

We walked into the elevator and I pushed the button for the ground floor. The doors closed up, and the elevator started to go down. The ride was slow, and I kept holding Zenè's hand in mine.

She made my heart beat faster whenever I was around her. I was always scared of saying the wrong thing.

I wanted to kiss her so badly, but ... I was afraid ... afraid of the rejection that I knew were to come if I acted before the time was right. I struggled with my inner self. When would be the right time to kiss someone?

"Just kiss her already," I whispered softly to myself so that Zenè wouldn't hear me.

"Did you say something, Niall?"

"No, just thinking out loud about how amazing you look, that's all." I gave her a reassuring smile.

The door opened on the 40th floor, and a husband and wife of maybe in their late sixty's got in. They were looking at each other with love in their eyes.

I looked at them and thought to myself that I would like to be just as happy as them at that age.

I looked over at Zenè, and it was as if she could read my mind. The happy expression on her face dropped away, and all I could see was sadness.

The lovely couple got out of the elevator on the 20th floor, and all I could still think about was kissing her. I finally pulled together all the courage that I had inside of me, took in a deep breath and pushed Zenè up against the elevator wall.

I kissed her and ... it was like sparks were flying all around us. I was finally happy; it felt like I was in paradise. It was the most passionate kiss that I have ever had, with so much love.

*Zenè*

Niall pushed me against the wall of the elevator and just kissed me, our lips were locked together in a passion that I have never felt before with anyone and I didn't want to let go, I wanted it to last a lifetime but.....

My stupid brain was working overtime again. Calm yourself down; please calm yourself down? For Pete sake, Zenè just calm down.

My brain screamed at me, but my heart, and my body didn't want to respond. I clung to him as if my life depended on it.

The kiss finally ended with a slow, lingering of our lips only a hair's breath between them. Niall just looked at me with those blue eyes of his and I saw the love and respect he held inside of him, and it felt as if he looked right into my soul.

My brain still screamed in protest and then reality finally hit me. Niall Horan just kissed me, Niall freaking Horan has just kissed me ... me the plain Jane girl, he ... he kissed me.

The elevator came to a stop, the doors opened, and I couldn't think of anything else as Niall rushed out of the elevator into the underground parking dragging me along by the hand.

Niall's Range Rover was standing there with the back doors already open. We got into the back, and the car sped off.

The drive to the meet and greet was fast and quick but through it all, Niall still held onto my hand as if our lives depended on it.

*Stay sweet Xoxo ✌.