Mom and Dad

Hi, let me introduce myself. My name is Zenè I am 20 years old. I live in a small town called Westbrook in Texas.

I am not your average kind of Texas girl, short brown hair with a dark shade of blond, due to all the sun, my eyes, well it's blue.

My parents say that it is flecked with light gray, but I don't see it as they do.

I do not see myself as pretty, even though many have told me that I am, it is just their perception, is it not? I am not skinny, nor am I overweight.

Even though I grew up in a small town, I am more of a city girl.

I come from a rather big family, with two brothers and a sister. We should have been five children, but fate dealt us a bad hand and my eldest brother passed away in the army during active duty, at the age of twenty-four.

I don't really like to talk about him because thinking about him only makes me sad. It makes me miss the old, good times we spend together.

I am the youngest of all my siblings and my parents still see me as the baby in the house.

I hated being the baby in the house because they always acted like I was never going to grow up or leave the nest, so to speak.

Being the youngest and only child still living at home was fun because I could do whatever I wanted and they didn't care.

Mom and Dad took me to New York once and I really enjoyed the rush of the big city life, the hustle, and bustle making me feel at home.

Mom and Dad never understood me completely; they always said that I was weird when I told them that I was going to live in the big city one day.

Dreams do come true and I was going to show them that they are wrong, that the big city life was for me.

We are rich, but we didn't really live like that, except for Mom, she liked to shop and buy a lot of new things for the house.

Dad? Well, he is just dad, more of the chilled one who didn't really like spending money.

He always said that if you spend too much money when you are young, you are not going to have enough money when you are old.

Dad was a businessman, some kind of big head for a fortune five hundred company and he really enjoyed his work. The downside, though, he was more at work than at home.

Mom, she was a waitress before she met Dad and they have been married for 40 years, yet they still loved each other like it was the first time they met.

Dad always said that he fell in love with Mom the first day they met, but mom said that she didn't like him, not at first, because he looked like one of those men that were just going to use you and then leave you, but she was wrong.

Dad is one of those people that love his children, all the same way. He never chose one over the other and that is what I loved about him.

Mom was a little different; she had a favorite, Nick, always doing everything together.

When he passed away, she didn't talk to anyone for two months, not until she went for therapy.

I would never have thought in a million years, that Mom would go for therapy. We had this perfect life before Nick passed away.

We were a loving family and everyone always asked us how we got it right to be this perfect, in which Dad always said, 'With love'.

After Nick passed away, things got really weird at home. Mom didn't like the fact that he wasn't there anymore, not wanting to talk to anyone because they weren't Nick.

Dad blamed himself for Nick not being there anymore. He said that if he didn't talk about the army that much, Nick wouldn't have gone and joined them.

Things got so weird at home, that I thought my parents were going to get a divorce, but they worked through it. They just showed everyone, that this wasn't going to stop their love.

Dad didn't give up on us because he still loved Mom very much. He didn't believe in getting divorced.

*Thanks to @1DxFanxFic for making me a trailer, I really like it. You are the best. The actresses used in the trailer is not part of my story. She had to use them to make me a trailer.

Stay sweet Xoxo .