Drama Class and Bowling

My alarm went off at 6:30. I had a good night's rest and for once I had no nightmares.

I went to the bathroom, no one was awake yet. I liked showering when the bathroom was empty.

Opening the water, I stepped inside, enjoying the lukewarm water running over my skin.

I started singing 'Because of you' by Kelly Clarkson, thinking of Mike when I sang that song.

I still missed him; he was the first guy that I have ever loved.

Will it be possible for me to find someone else that I can love that much ever again?

I put some shampoo in my hand and started washing my hair still singing when I heard a few girls come into the bathroom.

I kept quiet, since being such a shy person I didn't like people hearing me sing. That is why I always played an instrument in music class.

I quickly finished showering and went back to my room. Aralynne was still in bed, fast asleep.

I took out a pair of jeans, a black T-shirt and my favorite pair of sneakers. I towel dried my hair. I have easy hair, it is medium length and also curly.

I packed up my books and went out the door quietly, I didn't want to wake up Aralynne.

I walked over to the drama class. I was there first and I admired the class.

You could see it was the drama class, props hanging everywhere and costumes standing around.

Nathan came in and sat next to me. We only have two classes together and he doesn't look like the kind of guy that will have drama.

"Your Zenè right?"

"Yeah."

"We have music class together." He said smiling.

"Yes, I sat next to you, but you know that."

He just started laughing like I made some kind of joke, he was really pretty, he kind of looked like a bad boy with a good heart.

What fascinated me about him was his hair color, a dude rocking purple highlights.

"I like your hair," I said and regret it at once. What a dumb thing to say, but when I get nervous I say the most random things.

"Thanks. So... tonight a few of us are going to the bowling alley. Do you want to join us?" He said kind of blushing.

Is he asking me out on a date? Or are we just going as friends, maybe I should take a chance?

"Yeah, I would like that thanks."

Since I didn't know a lot of people, I also took it as a chance to meet new people and like Mr. Austen said, we should all get to know each other.

"Be ready at 7," He said smiling at me.

Nathan stood up and walked over to another chair. I saw Alex and Aralynne walking inside the room.

They walked all the way over to where I was sitting and took the seats next to me.

"Good morning class, I am Miss Paula, I will be your drama teacher," She said swinging her arms in the air.

I liked her, she made me wish that I could be more like her, more open about how I feel and more carefree.

"If you don't like me there is the door, please leave then if that is the case." She said and pointed at the door.

A few students stood up and walked out the door.

"Great, so next week, Monday there will be auditions for the school musical if you want to audition, please write your name down on the piece of paper at my table."

"You should do it Zenè," Aralynne whispered to me, while Alex nods his head vigorously.

"No way, I can't sing."

"Now you are lying through your teeth. I heard you singing a couple of times before and you have a great voice."

"Maybe," I said, looking back over at Miss Paula.

The class was dismissed and I went to write my name down on the paper.

If I do this people will know who I am. I decided to do it, I wrote my name down and left the classroom.

That evening I got dressed for the bowling and went downstairs, where Nathan was already waiting for me.

"You look great! Ready to go?"

"Yeah, thanks for inviting me."

"No problem."

We walked over to his car where he opened the door for me and I got in.

As we drove to the bowling alley, he switched on the radio and a commercial came on.

"Everyone listen up if you like One Direction you could win five tickets for you and four of your friends. You could be seeing them live next week on Saturday at Madison Square Garden." The guy on the radio announced and Nathan quickly switched off the radio.

We stopped at the bowling alley and I got out. We went over to the counter where we got our size shoes.

Nathan went off with his friends and I just followed him.

"Guys and girls this is Zenè we have music together."

"Hi," I said with a little wave.

I typed in my name on the computer and watched everyone as they were bowling.

I went over to get myself a bowling ball. I picked it up, it being so heavy, I had to carry it in both my hands when this cute guy walked over trying to help me.

He is tall, brown hair, warm brown eyes and he is really handsome.

"Can I help you?" He said with a lovely voice.

"No, I am fine, thanks."

All of a sudden the ball slipped from my hands and fell on his foot, my eyes widened.

He swore and hopped on one foot holding the injured foot with both hands. I tried to help him, but he pushed me to the side and limped away glaring at me.

I took off my shoes and hurried outside. Since I came to New York, I have not once, had some good luck.

"What did I do to you universe." I cried out loud.

Maybe I was wrong about New York, but I can't go back home now. I will just have to suck it up, everything will get better.

*Stay sweet Xoxo