Parks and Boys

I had to leave; I was so angry just thinking about what they did to me. I could feel tears fill up in my eyes, but I tried to calm myself down.

"It is going to be okay." Played over and over in my head. Those boys made me feel so unwelcome here in New York.

I saw a board with the word Madison Square Park I took in a deep breath, trying to forget what just happened.

I found a bench nearby, and I saw that there were only a couple of people in the park.

A boy and a girl, sitting only a couple of feet away from where I was, were all over each other.

My heart was aching again; I missed Mike, but I had to forget about him. I wiped away a few tears on my cheeks.

I closed my eyes, breathing in the fresh night air, but his blue eyes were the only thing I could see.

"Forget about him," I whispered to myself.

I kept on admiring the people in the park, enjoying the peace and quiet.

"Zenè!"

"Zenè Carter is that you? "

The voice came closer it was so dark, and I could not make out the person's voice or face. I was getting scared and got ready to run out of there.

"Don't come any closer I have pepper spray." My voice was shaking a bit.

He came closer, and the first thing I saw was his eyes and the closer he got every feature of him showed more clearly.

"What do you want?" I asked, being angry all over again.

He was out of breath, but still, he kept on looking at me. It felt like he could see right through me, right into my soul

"I just wanted to say that I am sorry for what happened." He kept his gaze on me, trying to catch his breath.

"Is that all you can say?"

"What?" He looked at me confused.

"Sorry." I looked at my feet.

"Sorry, it's just I need to explain what happened."

"There you go again saying sorry."

"I am sorry."

"Just don't talk to me."

I started walking away from him, but in the back of my mind, I knew that he wasn't going to let me walk away.

"Can you stop following me please?" I said with a stern voice.

"Then just let me talk to you." He took my hand in his.

I felt this weird feeling in my tummy like the world just stopped, and we were the only two people here.

I pulled my hand back and started walking away again.

"You really are a stubborn girl Zenè." He gave this weird little laugh.

"Well, I like being stubborn." I felt this little smile on my face while walking away from him.

He just stood there with this smile on his face when all of a sudden he ran up to me again.

"One more thing."

"You are not going to take no for an answer right."

"No, so just give me a few seconds, please."

"Fine, you have five minutes."

"Just once in your life, someone will come into it and change the way you see the world, plunging your world into disarray. I hope that you could be that girl that changes the way I walk through life." He looked me straight in the eyes.

"Well, that was cheesy, but you don't even know me, what if I am a murderer or even a robber." I kept a straight face trying not to laugh.

"I would like to get to know you and if you were one of those you would have already stolen all my money and killed me right about now or am I wrong?" He gave me a big smile.

There was just something about him that I liked, but I wasn't ready for a relationship yet. All of a sudden the heavens conspired against us, and it started raining, ruining our 'perfect night'.

"I will take you home if you want to."

"With what car?"

"We just need to go back."

Niall and I hurried back to where they performed, I was soaking wet, and so was he. He started laughing at himself, and I couldn't help but laugh with him.

He opened the car door for me.

"So you are being a gentleman, right now?" I gave him a smile.

"I am always a gentleman Miss Carter," He said smiling back.

I gave him the directions back to the dorm, and the ride there was quiet. The silences were soothing, and I wasn't angry at him anymore.

When he stopped at the dorm, I got out, giving him a smile and a goodbye wave.

"Wait Zenè what if I want to call you?" He got out of the car, walking to where I was standing.

"Why would you want to call me, I have been rude to you all night."

"So let's start over then. Hi, I am Niall Horan, not from One Direction. I am just Niall Horan, an Irish boy. Who seems to like you." He held out his hand to me.

"Hi Niall, I am Zenè Carter, not famous or anything, just a drama and music student from Westbrook Texas." I shook his hand.

"Can I have your number now?"

"Sure."

I gave it to him, with the doubt of him ever calling me, because he is a celebrity, he can have any girl he wants.

"Good night Zenè Carter," He said and walked over to his car. I just stood there watching him leave.

I felt this silly smile on my face as I went upstairs to my room. Aralynne was already in bed, fast asleep, with a content expression on her face.

I got ready for bed when a text message came through on my phone.

"It was very nice meeting you today, hope we can hang out sometime. Please don't be rude to me again. Sleep tight Miss Carter."

I saved the number on my phone and texted him back.

"It was fun meeting you too. I don't promise anything. Good night Niall."

I lay on my bed with this goofy smile on my face and butterflies in my stomach. This can't be happening; I can't like this boy after only just meeting him.

I liked the fact that they started over again. I can't wait to see where my brain is going to take this love story.

Yes, it's funny saying where my brain is going to take this story cause it's true because my brain thinks of the story but my fingers type it.

I would like to know what you think of my story so far.

Thanks to everyone that have read my story.

*Stay sweet Xoxo ✌ .