Family Secrets 2: Part 1

Part 1 - Tuesday

The early morning sun came beaming through the window, shining right into my face.

Squinting my eyes against the glare, I looked at the clock on the wall, it was only six, the house was rather quiet and it sounded like everyone was still asleep.

I got out of bed, went over to the window and sat down on the couch, enjoying the view.

It was a beautiful morning and I could feel the heat already. I put on my bathing suit and went down to the pool.

The water was so blue and flat that I could see my own reflection on the surface. I jumped in without hesitation, enjoying the cool water on my skin.

I swam to the other side, resting my arms on the bricks as I watched the sunrise in the early morning sky.

I started thinking about my life and how different it could have been.

I thought about Nick if he was still alive, dad would have been a different person, he would have been home more.

He would have spent more time with the family, but he was away more on business. I missed all the love that he showed towards us.

"Someone's up early." Jessica's voice came from the other side of the pool bringing me back to reality.

"I didn't think you were coming anymore." I swam to the other side getting my towel and drying myself off before hugging Jess, tears filled my eyes.

"Why are you crying Z?"

"I just missed you that's all." I gave her another hug.

"I know that's not true."

"There is a lot that I have to tell you, Jess."

"Let me first say hi to everyone inside, then we can hang out."

"Can we go and get ice cream?"

"Sure, why the hell not. Is dad here?" I looked at her confused, I thought that mom would have told her that dad wasn't coming home until Saturday.

We got inside, I kept quiet about dad not coming home. Jess put her bags inside next to the umbrella stand before making her way to the kitchen.

She was so beautiful, her long brown hair was swaying from side to side, making every movement of her even more perfect than the rest.

She looked over at me, giving me a signal to follow her.

Mom was preparing breakfast for everyone with the help of LJ.

Mom had this coldness in her eyes and a smile that faded; she wasn't happy anymore. She always tried to hide her emotions.

"Hi, Jess." Mom embraced her with a few tears rolling down her cheeks again.

Mom didn't actually cry, she was like a brick wall that couldn't be broken down, maybe by a bulldozer.

"Hi Mom, why is everyone crying?" Jess gave this little smile and kept looking at Mom and me.

"We are just happy to see you, and I am glad to have all my children home with me." Mom gave us all a smile before she continued with the toast.

We ate breakfast together as a family, enjoying each others company, everyone had a story or two to tell.

I couldn't stop talking about New York, I had this big smile on my face.

"Mom, I am taking Z out to get ice cream. We want to spend some sisterly bonding time together." Jess gave my Mom another hug.

"Enjoy," She shouted out after us.

Halfway out the door, I still realized that I had my bathing suit on. I hurried upstairs, slipping on a pair of jeans, a gray shirt, and some black sneakers.

Jess put on some music, songs from Christian's band and I could feel the music taking over, swaying to the rhythm.

We got to the Ice Cream & Coffee Shop, and we searched for an open space, the place was always crowded.

To say it was packed to the rafters is an understatement because it made the best ice cream in town.

To be continued.....

*Stay sweet Xoxo ✌ .