Chapter 50: Who 'Run the World'..girls

Picture day was a day i'll never forget. Straight after getting our individual photos taken a food fight broke out in the dinner hall. It started between a year 9 boy and y9 girl.. typical. Unknown to us all was that we were also getting class photos taken in the afternoon. When the photographer and his assistant finally put all of us in to our places for the photo, I was on the middle row and German was on the back row..right behind me. It's very difficult to stay focused when your boyfriend keeps nudging you in the back and when you can feel the remains of your lunch dripping from your face. Spaghetti Bolognese was a wrong choice.. Although everyone else was covered in food, so much for 'out-doing' each-other, all of our uniforms were pretty much stained...

It was really funny. A couple of girls had pieces of lettuce and broccoli in their hair and the boys...well they were not any better off. Did I forget to mention German had ham salad for his lunch.. I think he had some of the salad but as for the ham..most of it was in his pockets. I thought I'd leave him a little surprise.. After all he was the one who fired my Bolognese at me by using Pablo's sling-shot! I saw him and Pablo hi-five each-other then laugh after the Bolognese had splatted all over my face. When those two are together they turn in to the biggest kids ever.

Rina, Tash and I decided to get our own back. Since the kitchen is attached to the dinner hall, we didn't need to sneak in to the kitchen as all of the dinner ladies and kitchen staff we're running round the dinner hall trying to stop the food fight. The girls and I picked up a cooking pot, colander and frying pan.. we were like Beyonce's girl army in her 'Run the World' music video..just without the dancing and more with kitchen utensils as our weapons. Also with fewer girls.. but hey ho..we stood our ground and got revenge on the boys. German and Pablo's faces were priceless. You might think what did we want with a couple of kitchen utensils? Well we were not going to cook..that's for sure.

We used them to dodge incoming flying bits of food and also too launch our food at German and Pablo.

The frying pan was like a bat. The cooking pot was used a shield and as for the colander.. Rina kept hold of that..

After a good half an hour all the food was either on the floor, chairs, tables, dinner ladies, kitchen staff...on the walls! Also all over us..

German actually picked up a white serviette and started to wave it in the air.. Obviously he and Pablo were ready to surrender. Girls: 1...Boys: 0

Tash, Rina and I met German and Pablo in the middle of the dining room. I thought German had surrendered but he managed to pull another thing off. He sneakily planted a kiss on my cheek, which left an imprint on my face. What a day...