Chapter 9: Goodbye England..

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

The airport has so many shops and restaurants. My Mum and Dad are in one shop buying magazines for the flight. I'm at caffé Nero  grabbing a drink and something to eat. This is the first time I've been to London City Airport since I was 6 years old. When I was six, Mum, Dad, Maria and I went to Germany...Berlin to be exact. I don't remember it much..

After I was served,  I took a seat at a table and began to fiddle with the change in my hand. That's when I looked up and saw this boy. He was sat a couple of tables away from me. He smiled at me...I didn't know what to do...so I picked up the menu on  the table to hide my face.

I waited a couple of seconds... by now hopefully he would of stopped looking at me. So I slowly raised my head so that just my eyes were on show. He was still staring over in my direction.... I'm not used to this kind of stuff. I've never had a boyfriend..well if you count the time when I was 5 years old. I was in reception class, there was this boy called Toby. We would sit on the floor holding hands...but one day I caught him holding hands with another girl. After that I never spoke to him ever again. Silly I know...but I don't trust boys. Partly because of that situation and because of Wayne.. Thank god I don't have to ever see him again.

Suddenly...the boy got up..he's walking over towards me..oh god...what do I do? Do I hide underneath the table? Do I quickly run out off the cafe?! He's like 10 seconds away from me...then....

Then..my Mother and Father sat down in front of me. I sighed in so much relief.  I looked over  to the boy...he seemed to look a little deflated ...I felt slightly guilty...

"Angie, our flight leaves soon.  Have you got all the things you need for the flight?".

"Dad, all I need is my earphones and phone so I can block out the world around me..".

All he did was nod, I suppose he didn't want to argue with me..I don't like arguing with him. On the other  hand..my Mum loves to stick her nose in to everything I do. Our Mother/Daughter relationship isn't really a good one.

I could see my Mum's mouth begin to move so I quickly put my earphones in and started humming...

Then as I slowly lowered my phones volume....I heard "Flight  BA2561 to Buenos Aries- Argentina now boarding at gate 3".

I stood up, picked up my phone and earphones. Then I grabbed the handle of my suitcase and trailed behind my Mum and Dad.  We reached security pretty quickly, I had to walk through this magnetic, electric door thing. It kept beeping when a lady in front of me was trying to pass through. She insisted on not taking off her ring, watch, necklace..you name it! So the lady was escorted away. Finally we all passed through and reached gate 3. I had to show my passport to the man stood beside the gate door then I was allowed to board the plane. I followed my Mother and Father very close behind. Finally we were on the plane...then when I looked at where we were sitting..my seat was in between my Mum and Dad. Why couldn't I just sit near the window...

Immediately, the flight attendant talked us through the safety procedures....let's just say, it made me feel slightly on edge considering the flight time to Argentina is like 14 hours and so many minutes...  Pretty much the full day will have been wasted on a stupid plane!

The plane was about to take off so I muttered under my breath "Goodbye England".

Then I sat back, put my earphones in and closed my eyes...