Chapter 49: Picture day (Part 2)

"Have a great day at school hunny! Don't forget to smile and don't ruin your uniform. You need to look presentable".

"Yeah yeah yeah see you later" I quickly ran down the garden path hoping to avoid anything else being said. Plus I wanted to get away so that my Mum wouldn't see me ruffle up my hair. She curled my hair and made me put a headband in so my hair was off of my face? I look about 6... I prefer to have my hair curly and down beside my face... Aw well, what my Mum can't see won't hurt her..

I met up with German and walked to school as usual.

"So, what's so special about picture day? I don't really think it's a big deal".

"Angie, it's a big deal because everyone tries to outdo each-other. Most of the girls got to the salon just to get there hair done. I remember one time Pablo's Mum went out and bought him a brand new uniform just for picture day".

"Wow really? All that effort just for one picture?".

"Not just any picture Angie, we're nearly at the end of Y10. This photo won't just be sent out to your parents but they will be used for any school leaflet, newspaper or notice board. Didn't you know our photo's are being used in the programme for the end of year show".

"No, I had no idea at all. I didn't even know it was picture day until this morning. Thanks for telling me, better late than never I suppose" I nudged him in the arm.

"Hey! I'm sorry! I actually forgot until my Dad reminded me".

"Yeah I can see, you have your hair geld back, and what's that I smell...aftershave?!" I began to laugh.

"Hey! I wanted to make some sort of effort..besides I had my parents moaning on at me".

"I can relate, my Mum was fussing over my hair. Oh and I'm not complaining! you look very handsome".

"Well you look very beautiful Angie".

He had a little cheeky smile on his face. I jumped in to his arms and kissed him on the cheek.

"Thank you. Come on Pablo, Rina and Tash are waiting for us". I grabbed his hand and off we went.

We got to the school gate to see Pablo stood next to Tash and Rina. Tash was crying? German and  I ran straight up to them. I put my arm around Tash.

"Hey, why are you crying?".

"I'm crying b-b-b" she couldn't get her words out as she was sobbing so much so I turned to Rina.

I mouthed the word 'why?'. The response I got back was "She's crying because picture day signifies how it's almost the end of the school year and she doesn't want to break up for summer. She's afraid she won't see any of us during the holidays".

"Aw Tash, there's no need to cry. Look at it this way, we have a month left of year 10. We then have all of summer to do what ever we want together, as a group. Then we have year 11. A year all together, it's not the end".

"I guess your right Angie, I just wish I met you years ago instead of months ago. You and Rina are my best friends. I love you girls".

"I love you too and just because we've only been friends for a short period of time, doesn't mean we're going to stop being friends. I mean since I moved here, I found you. I found Rina, Pablo and I found German. You're all the best friends and best boyfriend I could have ever wished for".

Rina and Tash hugged me, I could see a smile on German's face. Pablo had a very little smile on his face although he was trying to fight it from appearing on his face fully.

"Group hug?" I mouthed to German and he nodded. He grabbed Pablo and joined us all in our hug.

"I really don't like mushy stuff like this" moaned Pablo.

"Aw hush up Pablo and enjoy the moment!" shouted back Rina".

I let out a little laugh.

"Come on guys, we better go get these picture's taken".

"Yeah Angie's right but first Tash, come with Angie and I to the toilets. We need to get rid of the smudged mascara that's on your face".

Tash nodded, I turned to German.

"German, we'll meet you and Pablo in the hall in 20 minutes. Okay?".

He had a twinkle in his eye and even bigger smile.

"What are you smiling about?" I giggled,

"Oh, just that my girlfriend is the most incredible person in the world. What you said to Tash was beautiful but nothing to compare to your beauty. I love you".

"I love you too".

We shared a brief but meaningful kiss then I left with the girls.

Pablo and German were stood there.

"You know German, your like a love-struck puppy".

"I don't care.. because it's true. I am in love, with Angie".

---------------------------------------

There's gonna be a third part:)