Chapter 21

I woke up to a sound I couldn't recognize. Picking up my mobile I checked the time.

2:00am

I stood up and made my way to the bathroom and splashed cold water on my face, making it much easier to open my eyes fully now, I looked at myself in the mirror before me.

I had dark cirlces under my eyes and my face now wasn't as fresh as it used to be, I rolled my tongue over my lips and tied a high ponytail as I know that I won't be able to sleep now.

Pehlay hi neend nahi a rahi thi, aur itni jaldi uth gai main.

Wow, Zarish.

I slowly and carefully walked out of the bathroom, the lights were closed making it hard for me to walk properly
I made my way towards my bed, and picked up my mobile to see that there was a notification on it.

Before I could open it, I heard a noise. I gasped and looked around but found nothing.

Hoga koi bahar, raat ko tou har choti cheez ki awaz ati hai Zarish, don't be scared.

I shrugged and looked at the screen of my mobile.

There was again a thud as if somebody jumped in the room.

I gasped as my mobile fell from my hands. I tried to open the lamp but failed as my hands couldn't stop shaking, I mentally cursed myself and sat straight on the bed unable to move a bit.

There was complete silence, the only sound heard was my heavy breathes, I looked to my side to find Maria asleep like there's no tomorrow.

I wanted to wake her up but my body wasn't moving an inch now.

A dark silhouette could be seen pacing from left to right quickly, reminding me of a scene from insidious movie.

Kaheen bhoot hi tou nahi?

What if I'm in a horror movie?

Nahi Zarish, acha acha soch, acha acha!

I gluped the lump formed in my throat and opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out. The silhouette suddenly stopped right before the door of the terrace but the curtains were between me and him, I wasn't able to clearly see who it was.

"K-kon hai wa-wahan?" I spoke, trying to sound as confident as I could but failed.

The man's hand slowly gripped the curtains and before the blink of my eyes, he stepped ahead, moving the curtains away from his way.

His face couldn't be seen as there was a black mask on it, my eyes widened and i quickly backed away, my back pressed to the bed.

He slowly took long strides towards me, his boots making noises on the wooden floor as he came forward, his hands hanging losely to his side.

"W-who a-are you?" I looked around, trying to find something ti defend myself with but there was nothing near me.

He suddenly stopped in his tracks, his eyes shone brightly as he looked at me but spoke nothing.

I slowly stood up, making sure that he doesn't do anything. I slowly moved towards the door but right when I was about to turn the knob and open it, he pressed his hands against the door, trapping me between him and the door, I gasped and opened my mouth to scream as it was the only option left. He quickly put his palm on my mouth and took a step forward, leaving nearly no distance between us.

I looked in his eyes, which were dark. They looked familiar but the darkness was making it hard to recognize him. His hand slowly crept to my hand, he suddenly spun me around as my back was now facing his and my front pressed to the door.

My eyes widened when my mind filled up with weird thoughts, my heart thumped loudly, my arms were at my back as he jerked me closer to him.

His hands made me feel something weird inside me, something that I only felt when Hussain touched me.

No, he can never be Hussain.

And if it really is him?

No, I know he can't be Hussain. He can never do something like this. I trust him.

The man's hot breathe fanned my neck, making me shiver. His hands snaked around my waist and I closed my eyes.

Bhoot tou nahi, kuch aur zaroor ho sakta hai yeh.

My mobile suddenly started to buzz as I looked at it which was on the floor, vibrating and making weird noises on the wooden floor.

Maria slowly moved and turned towards me, but her eyes were still closed and she was still sleeping.

Tears spilled from my eyes as I looked back at the man in front of me.

The man suddenly pressed a cloth to my nose and I knew that it would be chloroform but I somehow had to breathe, darkness started to surround me, my eyes fluttered a bit and after a while, everything became dark around me.

--

So the real story has started *smirks*