Chapter 9.

I took out causal white shirt and maroon pant.

I looked one last time at it, to make sure that it does look perfect, I took a long shower and brushed my tangled hair.

I didn't feel like doing any makeup so I just applied a shade of red lipstick.

I wore my cloths and looked at myself in the mirror.

Something is missing.

I quickly took out a black waistcoat to wear with it.

Perfect.

"Maria? Jaldi ajao yar!" I banged on the door of the washroom looking at the time.

It was already 8:55 and as much as I know Maria, she takes hours to get ready.

"Bas 5 minute." She yelled back, her voice somewhat muffled by the water.

"Aglay 20 minute se yehi bol rahi ho." I yelled frustrated.

I sat down on my bed and looked at my mobile, Unlocking it I scanned through my notifications and found nothing new.

I quickly clicked a selfie and posted it on my Instagram and Facebook, in no time I got some likes and comments.

I scrunched up my nose as I saw one of my old relative comment something like 'vry 9ice beta' on my picture, I cringed a bit but replied to it anyway.

Pehle tou kabhi puchtay hi nahi thay yeh log, America kiya agai sab ke sab itnay acchay bannay lagay. Wah yar.

"Alright, I'm ready." Maria gasped, nearly falling down but held the door at the right time.

"Good, Hussain will be here any minute." I got up and walked out, Maria following suit.

She walked away towards her car, leaving me stand on the road alone.

Don't even ask how I told my parents, I didn't tell them the truth, it was half the truth.

I told them that it is a party where me and Maria and some of her friends would be, they at first were hesitant but when I told them that I have to make more friends etc etc they agreed.

I squinted my eyes a bit when I saw a black car coming in my direction.

It stopped right before me and the black windows rolled down, I spotted Hussain sitting there looking perfect as ever.

"Come on." He stated when I didn't make a move to open the door.

Why do I get these weird feelings whever I'm around him? As if I can't function properly.

Zarish, you sound like a freaking machine! Snap out of it. My brain shouted at me.

"Huh? Yeah." I spoke probably looking like a idiot.

I sat in the car, which was somehow warm compared to the cold night.

He started the car and drove off to the party, hopefully it is a party.

Kidnap karnay ka plan tou nahi iska?

The atmosphere was awkward, nobody spoke a word. I decided to just look out of the window. Hussain kept on glancing towards me but didn't say anything. Good thing.

Suddenly the car halted and stopped, I looked around to find a big house, more like a mansion, a Villa.

I didn't open the door as I was completely lost in admiring the beauty of that Villa. Hussain opened the door and extended his hand towards me, I smiled and gladly took it.

He pulled me out and closed the door, but his hand never left mine.

He suddenly pulled me back making my back pressed to the car, his hand on either side of me.

My eyes widened at his sudden action, and the closeness making my heart beat increase.

His gaze was intense, and the same thing I saw yesterday was there in them, but I still wasn't able to recognize what it was.

"Hus-"

"You look beautiful today." He whispered, his voice heavy. My hand that was kept on his chest could feel his heart rate speed up but I chose to ignore it.

"Th-thanks." I mumbled looking anywhere but him.

He suddenly let go off me, stepping back as if realizing what he was doing was wrong.

He looked down, thinking maybe.

But then he looked up at me, I stood there completely unaware what to do.

Maria.

I looked around to find her, her car wasn't there, neither was she.

Khoti bhaag tou nahi gai mujhe yahan chor ke?

I groaned internally.

"Chalo." Hussain said, his playful and cute side back, his eyes held a twinkle in them.

I nodded trying to smile, and walked with him towards the Villa.

How can he act like nothing happened.

I wanted to ask him, to ask what is wrong with him. Why is he so different but thought not to.

We were at the door of the Villa when he turned towards me.

"Just stay with me, don't go anywhere else okay?" He raised his eyebrows.

I made a confused face, "Why?"

"Don't ask questions right now." He spoke and before I could ask him more he opened the doors of the villa.

My eyes widened as I looked at the sight in front of me.

"What is this place?" I gasped.