Chapter 29.

I woke up to hear somebody's voice, for a while I lay still too scared to do anything.

Who could it be?

After a while I recognized them as Maria and Shehry's voices, I hated to eavesdrop but I couldn't help myself and I listened to their conversation.

"I-I kind of- like you?" I heard Shehry, say it more like a question.

I mentally cursed this guy who ruined it by not saying it the way it should be stated.

There was complete silence for a while as I heard Shehry clear his throat awkwardly.

"Are you-are you okay?" He asked her, his voice filled with concern.

poor Shehry.

"What? Urm.. Yes, I'm alright." She whispered weakly,

Maria bol de!

Buhat acha mauqa hai, Khuda ke wastay bol de!

I wanted to get up and shake her to bring her to reality and make her accept the fact that she does like him, she hides her feelings. She shouldn't do this to herself.

"I-I think I like you too."

She finally said it! She did? Oh my god yes she did!

I wanted to dance right there but didn't want to ruin the moment so I just opened my eyes and peeked out of the window.

"Main-main samjha nahi."

"Ch! Don't act all innocent, you know what I mean. Ab larki bole tou acha tou nahi lagta na."

"Chalo bol deti hoon, muhabbat hogai mujhe tumse. Unexpected love."

tears threatened to spill from my eyes, I missed him. I missed his laugh, his jokes, his everything.

My mood changed as graveness spread over me, I saw the police department not too far.

Maria slowly turned to look at me and was surprised to see me awake, she must be dying inside as she knew that I heard everything, well nearly everything.

"We're here." She spoke, her voice lower than usual, was she blushing?

I gave her a smirk and stepped out of the car, no longer wanting to even give a smallest smile.

Shehry quickly ran over to my side and made me turn towards him.

"I'll go with you." He stated but I shook my head and backed away a little.

Trying my best to smile, "Main chali jaungi, I'm not a kid Shehry!" at this he shook his head but smiled and nodded.

Thanking Allah that he didn't say anything else I walked towards the weird building.

Maria's p.o.v:

I got out of the car as Zarish quickly walked over to the building.

I looked over at Shehry who had a grim expression on his face. I didn't make a move as I was too embarrassed at what happened in the car just minutes ago. Did I just confess my love for him? this easily? I kept on denying that I liked him but I don't know what took over me today and I blurted out the truth. I blushed a little as I remember how he said that he liked me, he sounded so cute! Wait! Did I just blush? I never blushed! Kia ho raha hai mujhe?

I felt bad, Zarish was in so much trouble and Hussain was in jail but here I was, confessing my love to his brother.

I shook my head, trying to get bad thoughts out of my mind for now, my eyes traveled to him who stood on the other side of the car, he was already looking at me, the sun shining directly on his face, he looked perfect as always. All I wanted was to hug him but it would be too awkward.

I quickly looked away.

What is happening with me today! I was never like this!

I felt somebody's presence in front of me, I knew who it was but didn't dare to look up.

I felt his fingers under my chin as he raised my head up, my gaze fixed on this beautiful man in front of me. He had a small smile on his face and his eyes shone brightly.

I gulped down the lump in my throat, my heart rate was faster than usual.

I slowly felt him lean in as my eyes widened

Will he? Will he ki-

No of course he won't!

He was just inches away from me as I quickly put my hand on his chest to push him away a little. I felt his heart which was going crazy. I felt myself blush as I knew that I was the one who did this to him.

"Sh-Shehry." I started but he quickly cut me off.

"You seriously thought I'll kiss you?" His voice was filled with playfulness and amusement as I looked at him with a straight face.

He then quickly broke out a beautiful smile and shook his head, "Voh sab shaadi ke baad hi sahi rahega." He smirked making me blush again.

"Abhi sirf hug se kaam chalana parega." he shrugged and pouted, looking hella cute.

I grinned and wrapped my arms around his neck, I felt his arms snake around my waist as the butterflies inside me went berserk at too much closeness to him.

I suddenly saw Zarish coming out of the police department.

I backed away and looked towards her when Shehry asked me what's wrong.

Her expressions were grave and she slowly dragged herself towards us.