Chapter 8.

I sat right next to Hussain in nearly every class since I didn't really knew anyone else here.

The teacher introduced me to the class making me feel more uncomfortable because I was the center of attention which I didn't really like.

Hussain and I talked a bit and at the end of the day, we were like best friends.

"Khud jaogi ya drop kardoon?" He asked while me and him walked side by side out of the school building.

"Nahi, Maria is here, she has a car."

"Maria?"

"Yeah, vohi larki jisne tum se number liye tha." I hated to bring that topic up but ab tou aa hi gaya.

He nodded.

"By the way, I absolutely loved your dance that day!" I exclaimed, "Seekha hai ya khud aya?" I asked and he chuckled.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Ismain hansnay ki kiya baat?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Nahi bas yunhi. And khud hi seekha hai." He said and looked down at me because of my shortness.

"Really?" I asked amused and he replied with a 'hmm'

"Wow. Mujhe sikhao ge?" I looked up at him hopefully.

"Why not!" He said and I mentally highfived myself.

I love dance but unfortunately I couldn't. This is my perfect opportunity to learn some steps.

"Zarish?" Maria waved at me from a distance, gesturing me to come there.

"Uhh... I have to go, bye!" I said and looked at him who was lost in his thoughts again.

"What? Oh alright, bye." He simply said and walked away.

He sure as heck is weird sometimes.

I shook my head and walked over to Maria who had a amused expression.

"Yeh vohi tha na?" She asked and I nodded.

She literally jumped with excitement and I looked at her weirdly.

She mumbled a quick 'sorry' and sat in the car. I laughed and looked up to find Hussain sitting in his car, he was looking at me with the same thing in his eyes. He smiled at me and I smiled back weakly.

"Aa rahi ho ya invitation doon?" Maria asked frustrated, I nodded quickly and sat in the car.

There was something off about him, maybe he's bipolar.

"How was your day?" Maria asked breaking the silence. I looked at her breaking my thoughts of Hussain.

"Pretty good." I shrugged.

"Haan Hussain jo mil gaya tha." She winked and looked back at the road.

"Voh tou achi baat hai Hussain mil gaya! Warna mera pata nahi kiya hota." I spoke quietly.

"Acha ji tou yeh baat hai." She spoke I could clearly feel the smirk she must be having on her face right now.

"Please don't take it the wrong way!" I said before she could utter another word.

"Acha bhae, jao maaf kiya." She waved me off and I made a face but didn't say anything else not wanting to continue this conversation.

My mind was totally caught up in what was Hussain hiding, his eyes showed something but I couldn't recognize it.

We went in the house, "Kaisa raha pehla din meri beti ka?" Mom asked sweetly.

"Acha raha Ami." I said kissing her cheek, "Mom I'm going to take a shower. " I lied to her not wanting to talk to anyone right now and sprinted into my room.

I unlocked my mobile to check for any notifications, I opened wattpad to write a new chapter but my mind wasn't letting me. It was stuck on the same person the whole time.

Just then I received a text message from Hussain.

'There's a party tonight, one of my friend is throwing. You should come too, you'll get to know more people by this.'

'What's the time and date?"

"Tomorrow night, I'll pick you up at 9."

I don't know why I agreed but I wanted to go there, I wanted to know more about Hussain.

"Maria!" I shouted. She came rushing in the room with a bat looking alert.

"Kahan hai?" She asked, I looked at her confusingly.

"Kon kahan hai?" I asked.

"Chor, kahan hai?" She asked the bat firmly in her hands.

I laughed and she now made a confused face, "Koi chor nahi hai." I laughed again as she dropped the bat from her hands and frowned.

"Tou phir kiyun pagalon ki tarha bula rahi thi?"

"I need your help." I Asked sweetly. She raised her eyebrows

"Hussain asked me to come to this party tomorrow."

She nodded urging me to speak more, "And I said yes."

"Tou?" She asked.

"Tou? Tou ab main kiya karoon? Please tum bhi chalo na meri pyaari si behan." I looked up at her making a innocent face.

"Don't do that!" She exclaimed when she looked at me but I didn't listen to her.

"Fine!"

"Bas ek masla hai. You have to go alone, Hussain is going to take me there." I said.

"Is it a date?" She asked her eyes wide with excitement.

"What? No! He never said it is!"

"It could be, khair kal dekhtay hain kiya hota hai." She spoke and a shiver ran down my spine.

A date?