Chapter 5.

I after a while walked out of the washroom and walked away to grab a glass of water.

I was filling up my glass when I felt a light tap on my shoulder.

I turned around to find none other than Hussain standing there with a huge smile plastered on his face.

"Hi! How come you're here?" He asked.

"Uhh.. It's my cousin's friend's wedding. What about you?" I said stuttering a bit because Damn he looked hot in that tux.

"Oh i'm the dj here." He said and I nodded a bit.

"By the way you look beautiful." He said looking at me up and down making me uncomfortable.

"You too." I said, my eyes widened realizing what I said and he chuckled.

"I-I mean you look handsome." I laughed nervously.

"I should get going." I said and walked past him, when I was right beside him my heel broke making me stumble.

I felt someone hold me by my arms. I slowly opened my eyes, my eyes met brown ones that I knew was Hussain's.

He was too close to me, I shivered a bit and tried stepping back but stumbled again because of the unbalance.

"Take them off." He whispered, looking directly in my eyes.

"What?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Your heels, take them off." He said, his eyes diverted to my lips.

I quickly stepped back before the situation gets out of hand.

I removed those painful heels and looked up at him, he was much taller than me now. Not too much though.

Don't think I'm short, I'm fine but he is tall making me look small in front of him.

"Th-thank you." I mumbled and looked down, too embarrassed to look up at him.

"For what?"

"Not letting me fall." I said.

"I won't ever. Trust me." He spoke softly. I looked up at him, he was looking at me with something in his eyes that I couldn't quite recognize.

I smiled weakly and tucked my hair behind my ear, but they again fell on my face.

He raised his hand and slowly brushed his fingers across my forehead to remove the strand of hair falling on my face.

"Aray Zarish tum yahan ho? Kab se dhoond rahi hoon main tumhain." I quickly moved away from Hussain and turned around to find Maria standing there.

I sighed in relief.

Jaan bacha li tum meri Maria, warna heart fail honay wala tha mera tou.

"I-I was thirsty." I showed her the glass of water in my hand.

I turned to look at Hussain who was still standing there deep in his thoughts.

"Maria, this is Hussain. Hussain, she's my cousin Maria." I introduced them to each other, trying to make the situation less awkward.

"Acha chalo everybody is calling you." Maria hurridely spoke up grabbing me by my arm.

"Me?" Nearly nobody know me here.

"Yes you." She dragged me to our table, leaving Hussain standing there alone. He looked at me and I smiled weakly at him.

"Kiya ho raha tha wahan?" She asked turning me around when we got out of everyone's sight.

"K-Kiya? Kuch bhi nahi ho raha tha." I stuttered, she laughed making me confused.

Bandi ghussa hai ya khush ho rahi hai, kuch pata hi nahi chalta iska tou.

"I saw you both, and that small moment or 'moments' you had." She smirked. "Kaha tha na? Dekh ke fida hojayega. Lo hogaya fida."

"Aisi koi baat nahi hai." I blushed, even thinking of him liking me was making my insidies go berserk.

Akhir he is Hussain Asif, all the girls drool over him. And I'm just like every other girl. But it's just a small crush, nothing more.

"Acha ji?"

"Han ji." I grinned. "Yar bhook lagi hai buhat zor ki, khana kitni dair main lagaye ga?" I said making a face

"Lagnay wala hai bas, let's go." She said gesturing me to move first.

"By the way Zarish, you should ask for his number." Maria said, and I knew this time she wasn't just joking.

"Pagal ho kiya? I can never do that!" I exclaimed looking at her.

"Tou yeh baat hai, chalo main khud hi le loongi." She shrugged.

"You've got to be kidding me."

She shook her head all serious with a small smile playing on her lips.

We ate the food until we were totally full, and lazily sat down on our chairs. Maria suddenly got up and made her way to the stage where Hussain was standing with another guy.

He looked so much like Hussain, bhai hoga.

I just sat there, looking at the situation.

Maria sacchi main pagal hogai hai, if mom and dad get to know about this. I'm dead.

She walked over to Hussain and said something in his ear, He raised his eyebrows and a small smirk played on his perfect lips. He nodded and handed her a paper after scribbling something on it. He looked my way and I quickly looked anywhere but him.

God this is so embarrassing, Maria tum tou nahi bacho gi mujhse ab.