Chapter 22

I slowly fluttered my eyes open and looked around, I was on the hard floor and it was darkness everywhere.

Last events came rushing in my mind making my heart speed up as I stood up a looked anywhere where I could find a source of light.

There was nothing but a small window at the far end of the room, I slowly and care fully walked towards it and squinted my eyes because of the sudden bright light of the sun that shone in my eyes when I peeked out of the window, there was nothing here, it was like a forest, trees could be seen everywhere and no humans to ask for help.

I sighed and turned around, slumping down against the wall I sat there, my head kept on my knees and I sobbed lightly, I didn't know where I was, who took me here and what's about to happen with me.

Weird thoughts engulfed me and more tears flowed out of my eyes that were hidden between my knee and head.

Suddenly the sound of lock clicking made me look up quickly, I heard somebody's footsteps that stopped right before me.

My heart thumped loudly as I tried to look at who it was but failed, I could only see his silhouette because of the window that was near me.

"What? Gave up already? You should've tried a bit more, yeah?" I heard him, I gasped but words couldn't come out of my mouth.

"Hussain?" My voice came out in a whisper.

I trusted him, I believed he can never do something so low.

Little did I know that he was that guy at night.

"Yes me, why? You didn't expect this from me right?" He leaned towards me and chuckled, making me shiver.

I quickly looked down, not wanting to look at him anymore.

"Why? Why did you do this Hussain!" I gritted my teeth.

"Love makes you do stupid things Zarish." His voice was soft as he kept his palm on my cheek, I flinched and removed his hand from my face.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled, he quickly put his hand over my mouth to quiet me down, "Don't shout, Zarish." He narrowed his eyes, his face an inch distance away from me.

I made a disgusted face and looked away from him, he slowly straightened and looked ahead, "Sojao, you must be tired." His voice was firm but soft, he slowly turned around and stood at the door, he switched on the lights, lighting up the whole room and I closed my eyes because of the light.

When I opened them, he was still standing there, looking at me. His expressions were unreadable as both of his hands were stuffed in his pockets, he wore a white v-neck showing his abs through it.

When I looked at his face he smirked but then it soon turned into a weak smile as he lightly shook his head and turned around, he walked away, but not before locking the door.

I pressed my palms to my head which was spinning badly, I slowly stood up and walked towards the king size bed kept in the middle of the room and fell on it.

The pain in my head got worse after every passing second as I looked around, trying to recognize my surroundings but my head made it really difficult to even look at something, the whole world around me seemed to move around and I closed my eyes for a while, making it more worse. I felt nauseous as I quickly stood up and found the washroom and ran towards it.

Letting it all out I stood there, frozen as I felt someone's presence behind me but I didn't had the energy to move or do anything, suddenly I felt someone rub my back lightly, I opened the tap and washed my mouth.

I looked up to be greeted by a boy, he looked familiar, his features same as Hussain as he smiled a bit.

"You're, you're Shehryaar?"

He nodded as his smile grew more, "Call me Shehry."

"Come on, you look tired." He held my hand and dragged me to the bed.

My eyes widened as I jerked my hand away from him, he looked back at me confused.

"What?" He asked, but I didn't say a single thing.

"Are you thinking that my intentions aren't good? Come on Zarish! Do I look like that?" He asked pointing to his face, but I still didn't reply, I kept on looking at his face without speaking another word.

"Ch, trust me yar! I'm-I'm sorry for what my brother did, Zarish. But he brought you here and I didn't had any other chance. I told him not to do anything like this but he was and is too stubborn and you know that very well, don't you?" He asked as he lightly kept his hand on my shoulder, I nodded and looked down.

Maybe Shehry really is a good guy, maybe I could trust him but not yet, after what Hussain did, I don't think I could trust anybody especially his brother.

"You're like a sister to me Zarish, I won't even think to do anything to you. I'm not like that." He spoke again, his voice was soft and somewhat comforting. I looked up and nodded lightly, making him smile.

"Chalo ab sojao, you'll be safe here. Trust me." He smiled as he made me sit down on the bed, his smile showed kindness and love, I never had a brother but I knew what a brotherly love was and I found that in him.

I lied down on the bed and closed my eyes, I heard the switch, as Shehry closed the lights and then closed the door. Leaving me alone with my thoughts but I was too sleepy to think straight.

Slowly sleep engulfed me and I entered the world of my dreams.