Chapter 18

We talked a bit and I got to know him more.

He was cute and sweet, I kind of liked him but there was something different.

He paid the bill although I insisted to pay half of it but he never listened to me.

We finally reached home.

Mom had this big smile on her face when she saw me and him.

"If was fun meeting you Zarish, here's my number.Contact me if you need anything." He took out a paper and handed it to me. I hesitated a bit but took the paper from his hands.

It reminded me of something, of someone.

Pata nahi kiyun he is acting so strange, jab se shaadi ka pata chala hai. He's so distant. I miss him and his corny lame jokes.

Aj baat karungi, puchungi ke kiya hua hai is ko.

Someone cleared their throat making me snap out of my thought.

"Huh?" I looked up completely clueless.

"Allah Hafiz." He smiled and nodded a bit. I nodded back.

I quickly ran up to my room. And shut the door.

"How was it? How was the date?" Maria asked, looking up at me, with a grumpy expression.

"He was good, sahi hai bas. Chalay ga." I told her while throwing myself on the bed.

"Zarish I think, I think what you're doing is wrong." Maria whispered and I looked her her quiet confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Zarish, You have to say 'NO' to this wedding."

"There has to be a reason, and you know I can't do this! My parents, they'll never-"

"Zarish, Hussain loves you! Why can't you see this! He loves you a lot! You can't do this to him Zarish!" She shook me by my shoulders and looked at me with a grave expression.

I waited a minute for her to say "I'm just kidding" but she didn't.

I gulped down the lump in my throat and chuckled nervously, "We're just friends Maria."

"You are! But he's not. Can't you see it in his eyes?" She said weakly, "Acha nahi kar rahi ho tum Zarish."

"Tum pagal hogai ho." i jerked her hands off of my shoulder and stood up, "Agar aisa kuch hota, tou ab tak voh mujhe rok chuka hota. If he likes me, then show it." I narrowed my eyes and stomped out of the room.

--

I sat down trying to focus on what our teacher was explaining but my mind was somewhere else.

Farhan is coming to pick me up from college and as much as I wanted to reject his offer my mom forced me to say a 'yes'

I mean, yeah okay I know we're getting married but iska yeh matlab tou nahi ke he goes everywhere I go and always stay with me.

Hussain sat down far away in the corner, never looking at me. I glanced at him but he looked lost in his thoughts, frowning he kept on clicking his pen which he always does when he is thinking of something.

I wanted to get up and talk to him but decided to do it later.

"Zarish, Hussain loves you!" Maria's words kept repeating in my head.

I myself am confused, I keep on denying that I like him but I still remember that night like it happened just yesterday.

The way I felt, was different. I've grown to like his smile, his laugh even his voice makes my insides go berserk, this is not normal.

I've never felt like that without anyone else, Farhan tou door ki baat hai.

I'm stuck between the internal battle inside me but I also have to face the reality, and the reality is that I can't say 'no' to this marriage, mom and dad likes Farhan so much that they might now start thinking that he's some angel sent from heaven.

--

"Hussain!" I shouted through the halls, looking for him who quickly walked out of the class before I could stop him.

People gave me weird looks as I kept on looking here and there for him but he was nowhere to be found.

My mobile vibrated as I received a text, I opened it.

From: Farhan

I'm waiting outside.

I rolled my eyes at this and locked my phone without bothering to reply to him.

Isko bhi abhi hi ana tha.

I huffed, readjusting my bag's strap on my shoulder walking slowly and unwillingly outside to Farhan who was supposed to pick me up today.

I just want to ask him, what's bothering him.

And if Maria is right?

No, no she can't be.

"Assalamoalikum." I muttered as I opened the door of his car and looked up, his hair was gelled up as usual and a small stubble was growing on his face. He was wearing a white v-neck and black pant.

He looked hot, but Hussain would've looked more hotter.

What, what am I thinking?

"Walikum assalam." He half smile which reminded me of him, again.

He drove the car quietly, but after a while I heard him clear his throat and I turned my head to his direction.

"Zarish, I was thinking that-that hamain direct nikkah karlena chahiye."