Chapter 19.

I couldn't speak a single word after what I heard.

My eyes wide and jaw a little opened as I kept on staring at him, who told me something I didn't know how to reply to.

"You alright?" Farhan glanced at me and then his gaze moved back on the road.

I quickly straightened and looked ahead, thinking of a good reply but nothing came in my mind which wasn't functioning properly.

"Why?" I tried to sound as casual as I could.

"Actually I have to move to UK for some business so our parents thought of this decision, I wanted to ask about this from you first, if you have any problem you can tell me." He scarched his eyebrow and explained, uncertainly.

I nodded, "Is my mom Okay with it?" I didn't know what got into me but these questions blurted out of my mouth by their self.

"Yeah, she was fine with this, even your Dad." He shrugged as if it was no big deal and here I was, wishing that the ground swallow me right now.

I nodded but couldn't say anything, I already was confused in Hussain and now this.

Mujhe waqt chahiye, jo mere haathon se rait ki tarha nikal raha hai.

I reached home and went straight to my room, not wanting to talk to anyone.

Maria was already there, who stepped out of the washroom and frowned when she looked at me, completely oblivious to what's going to happen in my life.

"Zarish, you're not letting this happen, you can't do this to Hussain." She sat next to me while placing her hand on my shoulder.

"I am, acha larka tou hai Farhan." My voice was weak and I knew I was lying but I had to, majboor thi main.

"Shakal tou nazar ajati hai, naam ka bhi pata chal jata hai lekin kirdaar ko tou pata nahi chalta na." She spoke softly, looking at me.

I looked up at her, who had a grim expression on her face.

"Shaadi dil se hoti hai, aur dil ke saath hoti hai Zarish, aur tumhara dil sirf usi ke pass hai." I knew she was talking about Hussain but I kept on denying this.

"Nahi hai mera dil kisi ke pass, muhabbat main insan tarapta hai dusray ke liye, aur na main us ke liye ab tak tarpi hoon, na main uske gham roi hoon, tum yeh na samajhna ke mujhe us se pyaar hogaya hai." I looked away, and spoke.

Na jaane kyun, aankhon main aankhein daal ker yeh nahi bol pai main.

She smiled weakly, which didn't reach her eyes and lightly shook her head.

She got up and started to walk out of the room when I stopped her, she turned towards me.

But I shook my head and told her to go, I wanted some time alone and at the same time I didn't want to be alone, scared that my thoughts would eat me up.

I rubbed my face with my palm and entered the washroom to take a long warm shower to have some comfort but the thoughts weren't leaving my mind.

I was confused, scared.

What if I take a wrong decision in my life?

I walked out and wore whatever I saw first in my closet.

I dragged myself out of the room and entered the hall where everybody was already sitting, discussing something. My marriage.

"Ao beta. Ham tumhara hi interzaar kar rahay thay." My mom spoke first and I quietly sat down, without looking up at anyone, I could feel everyone's gaze on me but I didn't bother to look up.

"Ham ne yeh mangni wangni se jaan chura ke, seedhay nikkah ki baat kar li hai. Sahi hai na?" Dad said, the question sounded more like a statement and I said nothing but just nodded a little.

They then started to plan my wedding as I sat there, not able to listen to anyone. My mind on one person, why can I not get him out of my head, why are his thoughts making me doubt my decision again and again?

I got up, and excused all of them. I went to my room and closed the door, not wanting to get disturbed I lied down on my bed and closed my eyes, which were already really heavy.

Thankfully this time I was able to drift off to sleep.

Hussain's p.o.v:

"She's getting married, nikkah hai uska kuch hi dino main."

These words kept on repeating in my mind as I kept on walking in this park, where thankfully nobody was. I needed some time alone.
I looked down at the ground, my hands in my pockets as I continued to walk in a fast pace without looking up, without caring about the world around me.

I can't let this happen, I can't imagine myself without her.

I have to do something. I'm not letting her go away from me this easily.