Chapter 11.

Hussain quietly drove the car, and I didn't say a word either. There was silence but it was a comfortable silence.

I put my head on the headrest and closed my eyes, today's event flashing in my eyes, I shivered at the thought of what would've happend if Hussain wouldn't have came there.

We got back to my house in no time, I got out of the car, Hussain still didn't speak a single word.

"Hussain?" I called him, he looked at me, the same thing in his eyes that I've been trying to recognize from the past days.

"Kiya hua?" I bent down a bit, and looked at him through the open window.

He shook his head, "Nahi kuch nahi, bas thori neend arahi hai." He lightly rubbed his face.

Jhoot bolna nahi ata isey.

I chuckled but didn't say anything else, I moved away from the car and waved at him. He waved back a bit and drove off to his house.

I wonder where he lived, I've never seen his house and I never asked him about it.

I looked around the find Maria's car parked on her spot.

Aj pakka nahi bachay gi yeh.

I quietly tiptoed inside the house, making sure no sound is made I entered my room to find Maria studying.

Study? Yeh parhti bhi hai?

"Tumhain pata hai aj kiya honay wala tha?" I literally yelled at her.

She jerked probably because she got scared, she quickly turned around to face me. Her expressions were glum.

"Kiya?" She spoke weakly, she was hiding something but I was too angry to ask her about it.

I sat down on the bed and told her the whole story. Her expression changed continuously. Until I finished, she was shocked.

But before she could say anything, I walked out of the room. Leaving her sitting there with her jaw dropped to the ground.

"Zarish, I'm sorry. Mujhe nahi pata tha ke yeh sab hojayega! I swear! I just wanted to leave you two alone." She hurriedly spoke coming out of the room and following me.

"For God's sake Maria! We're not a thing! Sirf dost hain! Kiyun lagta hai tumhain aisa?" I asked frustrated.

Buhat hogaya, hadd hoti hai har cheez ki.

"Maybe because of the way he looks at you." She spoke to herself but I heard it.

"Kiya matlab?"

"He likes you Zarish!" She exclaimed.

"Phir vohi baat." I rolled my eyes, yeh nahi sudhray gi.

"Acha sorry na! Chalo koi movie dekhtay hain." She held my arm and dragged me back to our room.

--

"Have you ever fallen in love?"

Many days have passed by, and they only brought Hussain and me closer. We could now talk easily about anything and everything.

"What?"

"Kabhi muhabbat hui hai?" Hussain looked towards me, he had a serious expression making me uneasy.

"Muhabbat? There's no such thing as 'muhabbat'" i told while shaking my head.

"Why do you think like that?"

"Insan ka har cheez se, ek na ek din dil bhar jata hai." Was all I spoke, I never believed there was a thing as true love. Maybe because I haven't experienced it.

He smiled but didn't say anything.

"Tum batao, kiya hoti hai muhabbat?" I asked.

He chuckled, "Tum nahi samjho gi."

"Iska matlab, tumhain muhabbat hai?" My eyes widened.

He nodded.

"Kiya voh buhat khoobsurat hai?" I asked looking at him, he turned towards me a soft smile on his face.

"Jis se muhabbat ho jaye uske baray main yeh nahi puchtay ke voh kitna khoobsurat hai."

"Muhabbat ki pehli shart izzat hai, jo izzat nahi de sakta? Voh sacha pyaar bhi nahi de sakta." He said.

I stood there completely silent.

"Khair chalo, dair ho rahi hai class ke liye." He spoke suddenly and picked up his bag. We then walked to our next class.

His words were in my mind all day, pata nahi kon hai voh larki.

I'll ask him about it later.

--

I finished my dinner and walked up to my room without a word to anyone. I was too caught up in my assignment that our teacher had given to us. We have to submit it tomorrow and I haven't even started it.

I took out my books, laptop and all the stuff I needed for my assignment when I received a call.

"Hussain?"

"Zarish?" He spoke in the same tone as mine but made it more girly-er.

"Ehh.. I'm sure I don't sound like that." I chuckled.

"You do, khair I called for a reason." He laughed nervously.

"Bolo? What's wrong?" I put down my laptop from my lap and stood up.

"I want to take you out." He blurted and my eyes widened.

"As in, a date?" I asked shell shocked.

"What? No!" He laughed weakly, "To make up to you about yesterday." I could already imagine him making that cute confused face.

"Sure, when?" I asked nonchalantly.

"In 10" He quickly spoke and my jaw dropped to the ground.

"What no! I-i have to complete my assignment Hussain!" I quickly retorted.

"Kar lena baad main."

"Kal dena hai mujhe." I spoke through gritted teeth, He knew that but he's acting so innocent.

"Aray hojayega, I'm coming get ready, no excuses now. You already said 'YES'" He chuckled.

I groaned and cut the call.