Chapter 17

"Zarish!"

"Zarish uth yar!" Someone violently shook me.

"Kiya hai?" I opened my eyes a bit, annoyed that she woke me up so early.

"Farhan aya hai." She made a face when she said his name.

My eyes widened and I sat up straight on my bed, "Kiyun?"

"He wants to take you out for a while, to get to know you better." She sarcastically said and pulled me.

"Abba janay hi na dain." I snorted but she shook her head.

"Pooch lia sab se, abba amma dono."

I halted in my tracks, "Maria, mujhe nahi jana." My voice came out in a whisper.

"Aray tension nahi lo, mein tumhare aas pass hi hongi." She winked, and I let out a breathe of relief.

I took a long shower, not wanting to get out and see my future-husband ever.

I cringed at the thought of him being a future husband.

I hardly know him, sirf looks se kuch nahi hota.

"Jis se muhabbat ho jaye, us ke baray main yeh nahi puchtay ke voh kitna khoobsurat hai" Hussain's words rang in my ears.

I wore a simple red shalwaar kameez and a net dupatta over it.

I don't want to impress him, jitna simple aur ajeeb lag sakti ho lago Zarish, acha hai dekh ker mana kar dega.

Maria was nowhere to be seen, I slowly walked downstairs to see him sitting on the sofa talking to my mom about something.

I cleared my throat and his gaze shifted to me, his face lit up and he smiled standing up.

"Chalo tum dono jao, mujhe bhi Sheerien(my khala) ke saath bazar jana hai zara." My mom spoke casually.

Itni asaani se jane kaisay diya inhon ne? Kahan, ek larkay tak se dosti nahi karnay deti thi!

We both walked out to his car, It was a SUV, I looked at it quite impressed but soon looked away. He opened the door to my side and gestured for me to sit in. He didn't speak a single word, I internally thanked Allah that he didn't, I really don't want to talk.

He ran to his side and sat in, he glanced at me for a second, his gaze soft and innocent.

Ameria main rehta hai tou innocent tou kabhi bhi nahi ho sakta. Jaanti hoon buhat achi tarha yahan ke larkon ko main.

I rolled my eyes, and looked out of the window

Zarish pooch tou le kahan le ke ja raha hai? Kaheen kidnap na kar le aur phir ra-

Nahi nahi, chup hojao aur jaldi se poocho!

I cleared my throat, "Uh... Ham ja kahan rahay hain?"

"To a restaurant." He shrugged and continued driving.

Ajeeb banda hai bhae.

The car finally stopped, I looked out to find a huge beautiful restaurant in front of us, making me gasp a bit.

"Kiya hua?" I heard him saying still sitting inside the car.

"Ham-ham idher jaengay?" I pointed towards the restaurant. I quickly realized how i sounded.

Wow Zarish, now he thinks you're an idiot who has never seen such a thing in her life. Gaon ka samjhe ga mujhe.

Magar yeh tou aur achi baat hai.

He chuckled and nodded, "Haan, yaheen jaengay."

He stepped out of the car and opened my door.

Farhan extended his hand for me to take and I gulped down the lump formed in my throat, I looked up in his eyes to find anything but all I found was sincerity and softness.

I took his hand and we walked into the restaurant.

"What would you like?" He asked, handing me the menu. Everything was so expensive here.

My eyes widened as I saw the price of the simplest dish, I scanned through it and ordered the least expensive one.

"What would you like ma'am" The waiter asked politely and I told him what I wanted.

He then turned towards Farhan who stated that he'll get what I ordered.

Okayy...

"So Zarish, as you know we're about to get married. Which by the way seems really weird because I never thought that I'll get married at such a young age." He laughed lightly making me smile. "So tell me, are you happy with this? I mean, the marriage. I know you'll be feeling the same as I am. Akhir shaadi ka decision karna, buhat mushkil hota hai." He blabbered and when he finished, he made a confused face with his nose scrunched a little.

I smiled, "Well, yes I am feeling weird and awkward but the thing is. That i would do anything for my parents, even if it means to destroy my life." I whispered the last part and grinned.

"So you're totally okay with this?"

"Yep, totally unless you turn out to be a killer. Then of course not." He laughed at my statement.

"Don't worry, you can trust me, future biwi." He winked making me blush a little at the name he gave me.

"Alright then, future shohar." I replied and winked, copying him.

I was somehow getting more comfortable with him, he wasn't so bad as I thought. Bas aesay hi rahay.
I've heard that many people change after they get married.