Chapter 37.

Hussain's p.o.v:

I wanted to get out of these 4 white walls surrounding me, to see her, to hold her close to me and to tell her that everything is fine.

My wound was slowly healing, Farhan missed my heart while he shot me and I don't know if I should be thankful to him for this or not.

The wounds were curing but my heart wasn't, I wasn't at peace, I felt like something wrong has happened and I am not there, I don't know. All of this is enough to kill me from inside.

The hospital was surprisingly quiet or I stopped the voices from entering inside me. I pushed them all out.

I was able to get up and walk but it hurts a little, less than my heart.

I felt the emptiness inside me increase after every passing second.

And right there I knew that I need to get up and do something, find out what is wrong find out if my Zarish is alright or not.

The thoughts of something happening to her was enough to not let me breathe properly.

I got up and walked out of the hospital room, fortunately, Shehry or Maria weren't there, making it a lot easier for me to get out of this hell hole.

Every step I took, a sharp pain rose inside me as I carefully pressed the wound, trying to ease down the pain but it was the least of my worries.

I took the first taxi I saw and went to Zarish's house, hoping to find her there.

But nobody could be seen there , quickly I asked the cab driver to go to Farhan's house. Keeping my fingers crossed at this.

--

I heard sobs, loud cries making me shiver, thinking about the possibilities ,slowly I entered the house which was fortunately unlocked and saw a large crowd gathered there.

My heart didn't seem to stop beating faster after every passing second as I pushed through the crowd to find Maria and her sisters, along with Zarish's parents crying, the pain in their eyes was enough for me to realize that something bad has happened, I felt like I already knew but I had to see it. It can't be what I'm thinking.

Moving a little further I saw him, looking down, no sign of pain, anger or any expression on his face.

I looked inside the room to see, what I dreaded all the time. Which was enough to stop my heart beating at all. Which was enough to kill me right at the spot.

There she was, my angel, looking ever so broken, lifeless, her skin color drained out of her, her head hung low as she hung from the ceiling, i felt my knees go weak as I took big steps towards as, hoping to find a little life in her, hoping for get her back in my life.

"Z-Zarish? Yeh-yeh sab kiya hai?" I whispered, i wasn't able to recognize my own voice as I slowly placed my palm on her face, lightly shaking her, to wake her up.

But she didn't reply, she never did.

Tears spilled from my eyes as I saw her, I've lost her, I've lost my life.

I closed my eyes as I felt myself loosing control, I fell on my knees in front of her, In front of my life, I was weak, just like her now.

It felt as if she got inside my soul, every part of me mourned for her, her touch, her smile, her laugh which was long gone, her lips, which kissed me for the first and the last time.

I lost my wife.

I wanted to end it all here, to end myself here but I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Here's something that you might own." I saw her, she was smiling but the pain in her eyes broke me, my eyes trailed down to see a paper, I blinked as I saw Maria in her place, making another part of me die.

Slowly I took the paper from her hands and opened it with trembling hands.

Hopefully when you'll read this, I'll be long gone.
Look what people make others do, look what Farhan made me do.
I pray that he learns his lesson, I pray that everybody I once loved, live their life with happiness unlike me, who destroyed it herself. Call me coward but I'm not able to hold in all of this what has happened to me.
I loved Hussain and forever will, I hope I find him up there somewhere.
I've been dreading to end it all when I saw him die in front of my own eyes and I wasn't able to do anything, something was holding me together, but now every feeling, every cure has vanished from this heart.
I'll ask my Allah up there, one single question, "Jo apni makhlooq se bepanah pyaar karta hai, voh pyaar karnay walon ko milnay kyun nahi deta?"
I gave up. Too soon.

-Zarish.

My while body shivered as I read the last letter of her all over again, slowly caressing her name, written by her on it.

But this time instead of sadness, anger raged up in me, as I knew who was the one behind this, who killed my Zarish.

--

Alright y'all want to kill me ik specially some people (i hope they know who they are ;))
And the story is about to end, only 4 or 5 more chapters are left :(