Chapter 20.

I woke up and checked the time, I sighed as I realized that I missed college. I looked to my side to find Maria's bed empty.

I had to talk to Hussain and but I didn't feel like facing him, I don't know what I'll ask him when I face him.

There's nothing to ask, nothing to talk anymore.

I sat straight on my bed and checked my mobile but found nothing new, just a picture of me and Hussain which was my wallpaper.

I washed my face and freshened a bit and went to the kitchen to get something to eat because I didn't ate anything at night too.

"Aray tum uth gai?" I heard Rabia Api's raspy morning voice at my back as if she just woke up.

I turned around and crooked a small smile, "Ji, Maria ne mujhe uthaya hi nahi college ke liye."

She nodded a bit and sat down next to me, "Zarish, you're a bit off lately. Kia hua hai? You know you can tell me anything. I'll try to help you Zarish." She kept her hand on mine and spoke softly with concern in her eyes.

"I do? There's nothing wrong, it's just college work, buhat ziada mushkil hai na." I pouted a bit and smiled cheekily.

I didn't wanted to tell anyone about the internal battle I'm having, I wanted to find things out myself although I was scared of making decisions myself.

She smiled," I know! And you know what's more worse? University. Main tou bol rahi hoon, college se agay parhnay ki ghalti kabhi mat karna." She grinned and stated.

I shook my head and a weak smile spread across my face, "Nahi parhungi."

"Well I have to go complete my homework." I retorted and stood up from the chair, without waiting for her reply I walked out of the kitchen and into my room.

I don't know what to do now, I'm completely helpless.

Tears threatened to spill from my eyes but I didn't let them. I splashed cold water on my face to cool down a bit and took out my books to study, but I couldn't focus on the words printed on the book.

I tired to read again but in vain. Finally I shut the book and sat down on my bed, I didn't had anything to do and I wanted to divert my mind off of things.

I opened my laptop and decided to watch a movie, I searched for one and clicked on a random movie to watch.

I made myself comfortable on the bed but there was a knock on my door.

Mentally cursing whoever it was I lazily got up and opened the door to come face to face with mom, she smiled and I stepped aside for her to get in.

She sat down on my bed with me beside her as she cleared her throat, "Beta ham ne socha hai ke date aglay haftay ki rakh lain."

"Agla hafta? Matlab 4 din baad?" I asked, my heart beat fastened as I looked her her in utter shock.

She nodded, "Kal chali jana shopping ke liye dress ki Maria ke saath."

"Ap nahi jaengi?"

"Mujhe zara kaam hai, main ne Maria se baat kar li hai, voh le jayegi tumhain." She spoke and got up.

Shaadi ki shopping ke liye nahi ja rahi? Kaisi maa hain yeh?

I didn't respond to her, too caught up in the thought that I just have 4 days, after that I won't be able to do anything.

Ya Allah, ap ab hi meri madad karain.

--

Maria came home a little late than usual, she slumped down on the floor right when she entered the room, "Thakk gai yar." Groaning a bit she made herself comfortable on the floor as I looked at her questioningly.

"Why? Did you run a Marathon?" I fake smiled at her making her roll her eyes.

"Yunhi samajh lou, car kharab hogai thi. Manhoos ko aj hi kharab hona tha." She shook her head and rested her head against the wall behind her.

"Jana hai hamain parson, the car should be fine. Chal ke nahi janay wali main mall." I tried to sound confident but failed as my voice came out weak.

Maria nodded but her eyes told a different story, she was hiding something. And I had to find it out.

"Khair, I have to go buy some chocolates from the store. Buhat dino se nahi khai hai." She pouted and stood up.

Without a word she left the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts who were trying to eat me up since forever.

Hussain's p.o.v:

"4 din baad pakka hai nikkah uska, do something before it's too late, Hussain."

"Why is she not stopping? Nahi karti kiya voh mujhse pyaar?"

"Usay kuch samajh hi nahi a raha, she's helpless. Pareshaan lagti hai buhat aj kal and I feel bad, I wanted to help her but majal hai jo kisi sun le voh. She tries to hide her feelings a lot."

"I should do something but I don't know what to! Mujhe kuch samajh nahi a raha hai!"

"I know perfectly what you'll do, it's just... A bit risky."

"Anything for her."