Chapter 28) Falling Back In Love

Lily's POV

What was that? Snoring? What the hell! I opened my eyes to see Joe laying in bed with me, oh I had asked him to stay with me last night, I forgot about that.

"Um Joe." I said poking his side.

"What love?" He said in a raspy voice, damn his voice was hot in the morning.

"I ugh morning." I said not knowing what to say, we were friends and I was trying so hard not to have feelings for him and lean over to kiss him awake.

He smiled opening his to look at me, "Well good morning. How did you sleep last night?" He asked sitting up, revealing him shirtless. Why was it so hard to not have feelings for him!

"I slept good, it was nice." I confessed.

"Good, I slept amazing." He smiled.

"Should we get some breakfast?" I asked, even though I wanted to stay in bed with him.

"Yeah I'm hungry." 

"Okay let's go." I said starting to get up and out of the bed.

"You um might want to put on some more clothes." 

I looked down and realized I was only in my bra and underwear, oh my god.

"Did we, did something happen last night?" I asked completely stressed.

"No you just got hot last night and I was too tired to stop you." He said easing my mind.

"Oh." I said looking down at how exposed I was.

"I'll let you change, meet you downstairs." He said catching on, Joe was a good guy for the most part.

"Thank you." I said as he left the room, closing the door behind him.

"What the hell." I said to myself pacing the room. First I was being really flirty and teasing him early, then we were cuddling on the couch, we slept in the same bed, and I basically got naked in bed with him (not in that way. We needed to stay friends, but it was so hard with this attraction we have for each other.

I threw on some shorts and a plain white t shirt that was on the floor, I threw my hair in a bun and called it good. I walked down the stairs and found everyone sitting at the table, with a huge glamorous breakfast.

"Lily!" Zoe smiled patting a seat next to her at the table. "Okay eat whatever you want and as much as you want, I may have gone a bit overboard but that's okay."

"It all looks amazing." I smiled.

"It all tastes amazing." Joe laughed.

"Well thank you guys." Zoe smiled. "Lily where did you get that shirt? It looks huge on you!" She laughed.

"I don't know it was on my floor." I admitted looking at it further, it was huge.

"Um that's my shirt." Joe spoke up, he seemed nervous.

"Why was your shirt in her room?" Zoe questioned, she looked very suspicious.

"Well um I slept in there last night to help her sleep." Joe said rubbing his neck.

"Right and was that it?" Alfie smirked.

"Yeah we just slept in the same bed, friends do that." I said stuffing a piece of waffle in my mouth.

"Yeah so do couples." Alfie smirked.

"We're friends!" Joe finished walking away from the table, something hit his nerve.

"Um I'm going to talk to him." I said getting up from the table.

I walked out the front door to hopefully find Joe, I was thankful he was sat on the front steps.

"Joe, you okay?" I asked sitting next to him.

"No, I'm not." He said flatly.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Why should I? It's never gonna change, I've just screwed up too much."

"Joe what are you talking about, I'm confused."

"I'm talking about how we can't be more than friends because of how screwed up I am."

"You're not screwed up Joe. I just want us to be happy and whenever we're together we are happy but when you throw in love we always screw it up, it's not just you it's me too." 

"I want us to be able to be in love, I want to be able to hug you and kiss you. I want us to stay together, because I love you." Joe said looking into my eyes.

"We've tried this." I sighed.

"Yeah and I screwed it up, but I don't want to screw it up anymore. I want us to work, can you give me one final chance?" He begged, it hurt a lot to see him like this.

"Can I have the day to think about it?" I asked wrapping our hands together.

"Do you need the day?" He asked resting his head on my shoulder.

"I know what I want to say but I don't know if my heart is right."

"What's your heart saying?"

"To let myself fall back in love."

"Are you going to listen to your heart?"

"I think so." 

"I love you." Joe said kissing me, bringing me into his arms.

"I love you." I smiled, I hope we could stay together and happy.

.......................................

Welp do you think it'll work? Sorry my contents been slacking I'm on vacation soooo yeah.

Okay bye I'm off to go shopping!

As always Vote, Comment, Follow me for Updates, Share!

Love you guys! 

~ Maddie <3