Chapter 45

Eve's POV

Getting on with the Malik family really came naturally. I felt like I already knew them, and not just because Zayn had told me so much about them.

Safaa was very sweet and talkative while Waliyha was very funny and mischievous. Doniya and I got on really well, mostly because of her friendliness. She and Zayn were quite close as well, which was great. Trisha and Yaser were kind and welcoming, asking me already when we were visiting next.

The environment was so family oriented, something I wanted Aiden to have. Speaking of Aiden, he was currently being passed around between the three sisters, each of them fighting over who he liked best. I didn't dare cut in and say he probably didn't care as long as he was being held because I was enjoying being able to sit with Zayn with no interruptions.

Zayn played with my fingers as we sat on the couch, our legs tangled together. He placed occasional kisses on different areas of my face; my jaw, temple, cheek, nose, and my favorite, lips. He made me forget where I was or what I was doing with his honey colored eyes and defined jaw. I felt his parents watching us, but not in disapproval. I think anyone would be able to tell just by glancing at us that I loved him and he loved me.

It was such a wonderful moment until I heard Aiden start to cry. It always started out soft and then it would get progressively louder over a few minutes. "Eve!" Safaa called in a panicked voice. "He's crying! I think Waliyha squeezed his cheek too hard!"

"I did not!" Waliyha protested.

I shook my head, chuckling, before getting up and going over to pick my crying baby up. "He's usually in bed by this time." I informed them and then turned to Zayn. "Has he already finished his bottle?"

"Yeah, you might want to feed him now though." Zayn suggested. "Calm him down a bit."

I nodded and the cries got significantly louder. I didn't want to bother Zayn's family, so I hurried up the stairs to Zayn's room where our things were. Aiden was going to sleep with us since there was no crib. I sat down on Zayn's desk chair and positioned Aiden so I could breastfeed. As if my boobs were magical, Aiden stopped crying and got his milk. I let out a sigh of relief that he didn't go into a screaming fit. It was still weird being a mum, especially since I hadn't known a single thing before I found out about my pregnancy.

The door creaked open, ripping me from my thoughts, and Zayn's head popped in. "Can I come in?" He was always hesitant about being present while I fed Aiden. At first I wouldn't let him, but after our relationship had gone to the next level, I was fine with it. Despite the fact that I had explained this to him, Zayn still asked me.

"Yes." I murmured in a low tone.

His slim body slid through the small space between the door and the wall. Sometimes I was jealous of his thin body, and then I remembered that it's stupid to be jealous of my own boyfriend's body, and that it would be much more logical to envy Eleanor and Danielle.

"I see you checking me out." Zayn grinned.

"Actually I was thinking about how much of a twig you are."

"Say what?" He pulled some awful American accent that I had to do my best not to laugh at for Aiden's sake.

"I think you like Hannah Montana much more than you say you do." I teased.

Zayn shrugged and tried to be slick and change the subject from his girly show preferences. "My family loves you, just like I said they would."

Smiling, I said, "They're lovely."

"My mum won't stop asking me when we're coming next and my dad keeps making comments about how nice it is to have a grandson. They completely accept you and Aiden even though he's not biologically mine." He said. I smiled at this, because they didn't even hesitate in calling Aiden family. It was just automatic, no questions asked.