Chapter 22- 'It's a cruel world.'

SPOILER: This chapter may not appeal to you much; because my ideas obviously differ from yours when it comes to Management. But deal with it :P And yes, I'm ending the book (read a/n at the end) :P x

Chapter 22- 'It's a cruel world.'

Panic.

I felt it running in my veins relentlessly. I had no idea what was in house for me and Cal as I almost ran around the tenth floor of the HI or HEY RECORDS building. It was a definitely anomalous as to how I hadn't tripped in my heels and fallen on the ground. Maybe nerves played an important role in my stature; and of course Cal held me firmly.

I walk close behind Calum as he holds my hand enduringly and guides me through the wide passage of the floor. We pass numerous offices on both our sides, but he doesn't budge at any. His sight is fixed on the last door at the right side; towards which we walk hastily. Apparently, all the offices on the floor belonged to 5 Seconds of Summer, but the one we desired to look for was the last one.

I look around myself, my eyes catching up the large posters of the band during performances, hanging on the soft boards occasionally. We pass another crossing which says 'Studio 1-8' on our left and then we finally approach the room that we were supposed to walk in.

I see another big poster of the band hanging right outside the door, with a small black '5SOS Management Office' written beneath it. I feel Cal's grip tightening along my wrist as we stop before the door.

Calum sighs next to me as his troubled brown eyes stare back into my hazel ones, "You sure you want to come in as well, Ev? This man can be really rough."

I had promised Cal that I'd bare it all with him. I knew that he had made a big mistake by confirming our bond to the public without any managerial advice. So I wanted to be punished equally for it.

I nod at Calum even though my inner voice shouts trouble in every way, "Yes, Cal. I'm ready. We have to do this together."

He kisses me quickly and his plump lips speak confidently, "No matter what happens in there today, I love you."

With this, he knocks on the door and a loud, manly voice addresses us to get in. I enter the room behind Cal and what catches my eyes is a big ass room with about hundreds of trophies and posters of the 5SOS band all around. The room is brightly lit around the posters and the trophies sit happily in a glass cabinet which has blue lights shining over them. The glass walls of the office show off almost entire Sydney from all the sides and the view is breath-taking enough for any fan who had just visited the 5 Seconds of Summer Management Office.

In the left-most corner of the room, there is a big table behind which, a fairly old, skinny man with a bald head sits uncomfortably. He looks at us through his golden-rimmed glasses and motions Cal to sit before him. I walk behind Calum, his hand still entwined with mine.

"Mr. Bennett," Cal shakes hand with him and flashes a nervous smile, "This is Evelyn Parker."

I offer him my hand to shake, but the man doesn't really take it. He just nods in my direction with intense eyes and an upset face.

"I think I made it pretty clear that I wanted to meet in private, Cal?" He says rudely, looking at me top to bottom.

"Please to meet you too, sir," I prompt out immediately, Calum just smirks.

"I'm sorry, sir," his expression is again hard, "But I asked her to come with me. She has an equal share in whatever you're gonna say to me."

"Very well then," he looks at me again and reclines back in his chair, motioning us to sit down.