8- 'It's a small gift from Calum Hood.'

SPOILER: Serious fan girl stuff coming up. I'd advice you to grab a couple of pillows and maybe a picture of Calum :P Okay sit back and enjoy ^.^

Chapter 8- 'It's a small gift from Calum Hood.'

"I like the Edgy-Calum more than the cute one," I affirm teasingly as we sit on a wooden log facing the beautiful Glenelg beach situated on the southern most side of Adelaide.

Calum drove me all the way to this spectacular coast just so that he could spend some time with me. It was pretty late at night which was why the place was kind of lonesome but we found a strikingly romantic spot beneath the canopy of two coconut trees that provided a fair view of the waters and also kept us ambushed: Something which was quite important given the fact that I was with a high-profile celebrity. I couldn't be more overwhelmed, of course. Calum was officially my superhero now.

"Oh, yeah?" He asks while pulling me closer to him. I rest my head on his shoulder as his arm makes its way around mine. My hand immediately snakes around his waist as I tug harder, comforting myself.

"But you're always adorable, Cal," I complain, "We barely get to see your sassy side."

"Maybe I'm saving the edge for someone?" He offers and I can't help but smirk.

I look up and our gazes meet. I perch myself a little so that my lips touch his cheek, those brown eyes doing magic on me.

He smiles and asks, "What was that for?"

"Sassy-Calum," I claim with a smile and he kisses my cheek in return.

"What was that for?" I ask and he just shrugs.

"For calling me sassy," he stifles a laugh.

There's a peaceful silence as I look at his moonlit face and praise the dude above (God) for giving me such a brilliant life. I couldn't me more thankful and probably for the first time, I wasn't demanding for anything more either.

"When will I see you again, Evelyn?" He asks me suddenly as my gaze is fixated towards the ocean before us.

"I don't know," My voice drops two notes, "When are you getting back to Adelaide?"

"Not sure, maybe after a few couple of months. We have our American leg of the tour beginning tomorrow," he says, "I really have no idea when I'll be getting back home."

My gaze automatically drops down towards the rugged sand patterns as my fingers trace uneven shapes on Cal's knee. He rubs my shoulder, trying to console both himself and me, but I only seem to process the negative part of the situation: I probably won't he seeing Calum again.

There's unwanted silence after which, he suddenly says, "You see this?"

"See what?" I look up, only to catch a glimpse of a thin film of moisture before his eyes.

"This is why I've never been in love. Once I try to get close to someone, my job steals it all away from me." He shakes his head.

"But your job is your dream, Calum. You have to let go off some things to get what you really want."

"I never craved for a life without my own people, Ev. I just wanted a future for our band. But what is the use of this fame if it buys me everything except happiness of being with my loved ones?"

I stare at the ocean point blank because all that Calum says is so true that I feel my eyelids seeking for closure.

"Jeez, why am I telling you all this!" He smirks sarcastically.

"It's okay, Cal," I pat his thigh, "You can talk to me about anything. Besides, maybe God has something planned in head for you?" I offer weakly.

"I don't know," he shrugs. After a thoughtful moment he smiles, "But what I do know is," His soft palms make me look at him, "I'm having one of the best times of my life with Evelyn-Ann Parker."