12- 'We have some unfinished business to do.'

Chapter 12- 'We have some unfinished business to do.'

As if Calum declaring about his new crush on some mystery girl wasn't enough to sadden me...

She joins us for dinner.

So that basically, I'm forced in a situation where I have to share the same room with my crush and his crush and also my crush's best friend who apparently has a crush on me and I kind of reciprocate the feeling, but maybe just not enough to call him my crush.

Complications to the highest level possible? Yeah, definitely.

So, well, speaking of the devil, her name is Natalie Goldman and she seems to be a really nice girl, only if she isn't competing with you to be your crush's girlfriend. Though she seems like a verified slut to me.

I'm not sure if I dislike her because of the awesome body tan and glossy brown hair or because of the way Calum laughs when she's besides him, but whatever it is, it makes me want to rip off her soul from her body and slap it a hundred and ninety two times point blank.

It's official; I'm fucking jealous of this new wanna-be.

"Um, Evelyn, right?" she calls from the opposite side of me and I nod with a fake smile, "Pass me some spaghetti?"

How about I shove it up your ass, Natty-Pattie? No? Well, then let me just stab you with my fork.

"Sure," I pass the bowl towards her and she just smiles back. She reminds me of Made in China plastic Barbies for some strange reason, the same ones that squeeze when you apply force on them.

"I've heard a lot about you," she says and looks at Cal who smiles back at her. I suspect it was a forced smile, but I'm not sure.

"Maybe we should sit and chat someday," she offers politely.

"Sorry, not interested," I mock back.

Luke places his hand on my thigh beneath the table as I stiffen up, "Relax," he mouths me and I nod.

"I-I mean," I try to clear it, "I don't want to sound rude. But I'm just not the chit-chat type, I'm sorry."

"Well," she picks up the fork and I just feel like kicking her boobs, "Maybe you'd like to have a talk with me."

Or just kick you in the boobs.

"Maybe," I look at the food on my plate and suddenly I have no hunger left inside me.

I look around the table and it kind of pains me how everybody except me is occupied with their loved ones. Ashton and Lilz are ever cuddled up and probably they are discussing bananas or something, I'm not sure. Then there's Claire and Michael who haven't stopped being by each other's side ever since today morning. And then, of course there's our pretty couple of the evening: Mr. And Mrs. Calum Hood. Oh and how can we forget there are me and Luke, trying to pretend that the kiss never happened? Oh god, what is my life.

"Excuse me," I say while getting up because the love in this air is poisoning my brain cells, "I need some fresh air."

"I'll join you," Luke stands up and holds my hand.

"Luke, I can walk to the terrace and back, it's not much really."

"I can't bare this lovey-dovey stuff either," he whispers in my ear and I can't help but smile because I feel good there's someone who is on the same page as me.

I take a final glance at Cal and to my astonishment; he is staring at us wide-eyed. I don't even bother to smile and we just walk out, hand in hand.