10- 'Would you like to get some jobs done?'

Chapter 10- 'Would you like to get some jobs done?'

3 months later...

"I'm bored," I roll over on my tummy and tickle Lily's feet.

"Stop it, Ev," she giggles adjusting her thin-rimmed reading glasses on her nose, "I'm kind of trying something here, okay, don't you dare disturb me," she says while narrowing her eyes at the laptop screen.

"Hacking my twitter again?"

"You don't even use it," she retorts and since I couldn't agree more, I go back to looking at the walls of my room.

It was a nice Thursday afternoon as the two of us were sprawled up on my bed after our dreading day at school, just like our typical afternoon routines. Life hadn't changed one bit since the past three months; except the jade green washed walls of my room of course, which I had painted myself recently. I had taken off every single poster that ever existed in my room, because honestly, I preferred to get over a boy band who didn't bother keeping in touch. And yes, I called them the B-word.

I'll spare you the fact, though.

It had been three whole months since I had last heard from Calum and I couldn't help but convince myself that he wasn't coming back. He wouldn't text or call and well, we had barely Face Timed once ever since I had last seen him so many months ago. Not like it made much of a difference, because I knew this would happen. I knew it since the start, and I was a warthog to think otherwise.

"Does Ashton text you, Lily?" I ask all of a sudden and bite my tongue immediately because Lily and I had decided to not discuss anything about them.

"Um," she clears her throat awkwardly, "Yeah. We talk quite frequently."

"That's nice," I shrug, "Good for you."

There's a weird silence as Lily stares at me through her cute specs. However, there's nothing cute about the way she looks at me. There's just too much of guilt in her eyes.

"You should call him, Ev," she says with a sympathetic look. I just glare at her.

I had told Lily everything about Calum and she had been so hyped, that as cheesy as she could get, she was planning names for our babies. But all that was a lifetime ago and now even Lily was convinced that Cal wouldn't bother. But on part of being my bestie, she did manage to toss a few sympathetic comments at me every now and then, today being another such occasion.

"I'm good," I nod and look away with a forced smile, "I've got Luke."

Surprise, much?

Well, on the contrary, the only good thing that came out of this whole Camera Project for me was definitely Luke Hemmings.

He had grown into a trustworthy friend and just as Lily talked to Ash every day, Luke would text me too. He would call whenever he got time and as cold as it might sound, we never talked about Calum. I did ask him a few times initially, but as time passed by, I gave up on Cal.

Luke seemed to be a great guy, just like the media would portray him. He liked telling me all about the places that they visited and the raging fans and also sometimes about how surreal all of it felt. I was glad that Luke could be himself around me and I could let out my feelings too. He had grown just as close as Lily to me, even though it was only through texts and calls. I really fancied Luke and I couldn't wait to meet him the next time he came to Adelaide.

It was wonders how Calum had spent the most beautiful times with me and didn't even bother to give me a call, whereas his band mate Luke definitely valued our friendship. I had no idea that I had totally misinterpreted Calum.