Helping The Newlywed

Andy's P.O.V

I opened the door to the new house with the tip of my boot, holding the cardboard box full of plates with my arms. The new house smell hit me right in the face and I scrunched my nose involuntarily.

I dropped off the box in the kitchen and made my way back to the front of the house to get another box.

"Last one's in the back of the truck," Roger said with a smile, gesturing at the truck with his thumb.

I gave him a small nod and picked up the box. This one was full of mom's clothes and as soon as I picked it up a waft of her perfume came up to my nose. It smelled of Japanese cherry blossoms and a hint of vanilla.

A smile appeared on my face, closing up the truck and carrying the box into the new house. I loved my mom. She was such a kind person, it made me so happy to see her happy again.

Since dad had... passed she had been a little off. Not depressed exactly, just a little empty is all. We still had fun together but when I left home for college she had lost her last sparks.

That's when she met Roger and her life turned around. Roger was a great guy, he really was. He made mom happy and since they've been married everything has gone perfectly for mom.

I handed mom the box after she gestured me to do so and closed the door behind me.

"It's nice isn't it Andy?" Mom asked looking up at the high ceilings. "Spacious."

I gave her a smile. "Yeah, I like it. Do you want me to help set up in here?" I asked looking at both Roger and mom.

After they got married, Roger wanted to buy mom a house for them both to live in. He insisted for me to move in but I declined their offer. My apartment is pretty comfortable as it is.

Roger placed a hand on my shoulder and shook is head. "Nah, don't worry about it Andy. I've got it covered," he smiled. "You're a good kid, Biersack."

I mirrored his smile and turned to give mom my goodbyes. I gave her a hug and a quick kiss on the cheek before stepping back to leave.

"I'll see you both later. Take care," I said but before I could step out of the house, mom caught my wrist.

I turned to her and she gave me a quick smile. "Why don't you stop by tomorrow for dinner? We want to sort of inaugurate the house."

I cringed inwardly. Socializing? I had always been an introvert. But for mom and Roger's content, I agreed.

"Wonderful, see you tomorrow then," Roger said and mom gave me her thanks. I nodded quick and got out of the house.

My black Ford F-150 waited for me in the driveway, a safe way home. I got into the truck and relaxed into the seat, turning on the radio.

I slipped in "This Addiction" by one of my favourite bands, Alkaline Trio, into the CD hole thingie and drove out of the new house.

I skipped over to Draculina and hummed along as my car reached the pavement coating the street. It was around six pm and the sky was getting darker by the minute.

My apartment complex wasn't very far away from here anyway, so I don't think I would have to drive in the dark. It's not that I didn't enjoy driving in the night but I wasn't in the mood for a car accident today.

"Leaving heaven behind for good this time the angels can keep it," I sang along to the song as I turned left to the streets where my apartment building was.

When I made it to the building, I parked in my ususal spot and made my way up the stairs. My apartment was on the third floor and my apartment building didn't have an elevator.

I pulled out my key and opened the door at once dropping my backpack on the floor as soon as I went in. I locked the door behind me and lit the candles on the coffee table.

The smell of cinnamon rolls started to fill the space desperatly trying to mask the cat odors that seemed to stay in my apartment.

"Come here Crow!" I said at the empty space before me.

My black and white cat turned the corner from my room and perked his ears when it saw me at the door. I picked Crow up and sat him on my lap, getting comfortable on the couch. I turned on the TV to a random channel and relaxed.

College was killing me. Summer was coming soon and I was being smothered by finals. I sighed out loud for only my cat to hear. I was regretting studying psychology. It was taking too many time out of my hands.

I felt tense even though I was laying on the couch with Crow. Maybe sleeping would do the trick to get this out of my head. I turned off the TV and took Crow with me to the bathroom, after blowing out the candles.

I knew that I wasn't going to go to sleep with all of these things on my head so I took a sleeping pill and went to my room.

Setting Crow down on my bed, I slipped my shirt and leather jacket off. I rummaged through my drawers and found some black sweats. I kicked off my boots and pulled at my black skinny jeans.

Once I had my pjs on I slipped into bed, turning off the lights. I sighed watching Crow jump around on the floor.

Without another thought I thanked the universe it was friday and waited for the pill to kick in.

A/N:
Hai! So this is my first ever Andley fic, we're going to have to wait and see how it goes! Btw if you wanna listen to a good song, listen to Draculina by Alkaline Trio. It's good. :) Well, don't forget to comment and vote if you like the fic. *_*