21 : Failed

Noah's POV

One month later

"Forty-eight...Forty-nine...Fifty"

"Ten more"

"No Noah" my mama tells me.

"Please" I beg.

"No. You know the agreement" 

"I know" I say with disappointment.

I have finally been cleared to do some training by my doctors. The same day they cleared me I started to do some workouts. My moms had a different idea however. They are letting me train, but with limits. I know that they are doing this for my health. It does not make it any less annoying however.

Today's workout consisted of strength training. These two months off of training has brought me down. I need to build my strength back up. I haven't been this weak in years.

"Patience Noah" my mama helps me up from the ground. We are in our home gym. My mama has been training with me everyday.

"I know," I sigh. "But I use to be able to do a hundred"

"It's been two months since you last trained. You are not going to be able to do what you use to. And you can't push your body too much either"

"I just want to be able to train like before. I haven't even been able to train in combat. I want to get back to work as fast as I can" I tell my mama. She stays quiet but makes an expression that I did not want to see.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Noah" she pauses. "Me and your mom were going to have a sit down with you about this with your grandma"

"No" I shake my head knowing where this is going.

"With everything that has happened-"

"No, you can't take this away from me" I shout with anger.

"I'm sorry Noah"

Not wanting to say something that I will regret later, I leave the room. Making my way up to my room.

"Hi sweetie how was-"

"When were you going to tell me" I ask my mom.

"About what?" she asks.

"About taking away what I love" a tear falling from my face. Anger is written all over my face.

"She knows baby" I hear my mama behind me tell my mom.

"Noah," she says calmly. "This wasn't easy. We were going to tell you with your grandma"

"This isn't fair!" I shout. "You can't do this"

"I understand that this is hard"

"No you don't understand. Neither of you do!" I look at them both. More tears begin to fall.

"Noah that's enough!" my mama shouts back at me.

The anger is starting to turn to sadness. I can't be here right now. I am too angry to have this conversation. I have already been disrespectful to my moms by shouting at them. I can't make it worse.

I rush out of the house, ignoring their calls for me. I start to run with no destination in plan. Letting my emotions and legs take me wherever.

My body took me to where it needed to be. The viewpoint. Guess I just broke another rule. I am only allowed to run three miles a day. The viewpoint is eight miles away.

As I stand here letting myself catch my breath once more everything hits me.

"FUCK" I shout out loud in anger. My fist clenched tightly.