19 : Ava

Ava's POV

"Are you sure that they will be okay?" I ask Hunter as we drive away.

"Yes, they'll be fine" she replies. "Noahs' a dick right now but she is not going to hurt Colby, I hope" she whispers the last part.

"If we come back and my friend is hurt, I'm hurting you, just so you know" I turn to her.

"Is that a threat or a promise?" she smirks. I roll my eyes with a smile.

"I promise that she will be okay. I know that deep down our Noah is still there" she says more seriously.

"If you all know that something is wrong then why don't you guys talk to her or make her see someone?" I ask.

"Two reasons" she begins. "First, although we are a really close and a protective family, we don't force each other to do anything. My family believes in learning when your body is telling you that it needs help and voicing it. Don't get me wrong if we need to step in we will but only when we know that things will be damaging" she pauses.

"And second, Noah is very stubborn. She gets that from Drew. Noah thinks that if she admits that she is not doing well then she has failed. She also thinks that if she tells the complete truth it might make things worse because we will worry more. Which is not true, but she has trouble understanding that"

"So even when she isn't being her usual self she is still Noah" I reply.

"What do you mean?" she asks.

"From the time that I have known her I learned that she is someone that puts others first, even at her own expense. She is still doing that now"

"That is Noah for you" she smiles. "Sometimes she doesn't understand that she can put herself first"

"Maybe we can help her do it then"

"Didn't take you as a softy" she smiles at me.

"Whatever" I smile back.

"It's cute. I like it" she bites her bottom lip ever so slightly but I notice.

"Although I would like to continue this conversation. We are here and I'd rather talk about you then my cousin"

"Yeah probably not the best idea to talk about Noah while on our first date"

Hunter parks her car. I go to take off my seatbelt but Hunter stops me, "Wait one second" she says then quickly gets out of the car and runs over to my side. Is she really doing this?

She opens the door with a happy smile. Her hand extends out for me. I take my seat belt off before reaching for it as I step out of the car.

"You're a dork" I laugh.

"Only for you" she winks.

We start to walk to our destination hand in hand. I really like holding her hand. It is so soft and feels like we match up perfectly. It is weird how the same comfort I feel with Noah is what I feel with Hunter, but more extreme. Noah made me feel safe because I knew she was a badass agent and she had a caring vibe. With Hunter it feels like a safe place. As if I have known her for years. It feels happy and calm.

"Hello welcome to the rage cage" a woman greets us as we walk in. I was too focused on looking at Hunter that I didn't realize we had walked in.

"Hello, I made a reservation. Should be under Hunter" she tells the hostess.

"Perfect, now is this both of your first times here at rage cage?" she asks.

"I have been here but she hasn't"