15 : Home

Noah's POV

The flight back home felt so long. I just wanted to be home already. I want to see my siblings. Be in my room. Be back to normal. But I know that things won't be normal until my memories are back.

Having the past five months erased from your brain sucks. I hate not knowing that I am missing that time. Especially knowing that at that time I got a girlfriend. I feel horrible about how I treated Colby. I shouldn't have reacted like that but it was all too much.

I wanted to apologize before we left but I didn't get a chance. I'm not allowed to use any screens for a while due to the concussion and head trauma so I could not text or call her. I was also not allowed to leave the hospital. Being too ashamed to ask my moms to reach out to her for me I ended up leaving without seeing her.

I want so badly to know what we went through. How we met. Who she is. To just know what happened because knowing that I may not remember my first girlfriend. Being told that she meant something to me but seeing her as a stranger is horrible. What if I never get those feelings again or if I fall for someone else? What if the love I feel for someone else is not as great as the love I had for her? I could be losing my person without knowing it.

"Noah!" I hear excited shouting. I snap out of my thinking to see my siblings running to the car. I had not realized that we had arrived home already.

My mom helps me get out of the car carefully. I have healed a bit but the doctors want me to take it easy for a few weeks before starting my physical therapy.

"Tobin I missed you so much" I lean down carefully and pull my brother into a tight hug. He feels so warm. Although in my head I have only been gone for a couple of days hugging him feels like I have not been with him for a long time. Which is true. Technically I have been gone for months.

"My turn" my sister Nina whines. I laugh and pull her into a hug after letting go of Tobin.

"I missed you so much too Nina"

"I missed you too. Please don't go away again" she tightens her grip. Her words make me sad.

"I won't. I'm staying home for a long time" I rub her back to comfort her.

"Okay lets get Noah inside so she can get some rest" my ma tells my siblings.

"Can you play with us later?" Nina asks.

"I won't be able to play with you until I get a bit better but I promise the second that I can I will spend all day with you playing whatever you want" I smile at her. She had a disappointed face at first but then smiled.

I get inside the house making my way towards my room. The flight was long and I am still recovering so it took a lot out of me. I just want to lay on my bed for some rest. My mom helps me to my room while my mama gets everything out of the car.

"Get some rest" my mom kisses my forehead before leaving my room.

Before I know it my eyes close and I fall asleep. Being home brings me so much comfort. Many people like to leave home, but for me I have always loved living here. No matter where I have traveled to I always get happy when I know that I am returning home. But there is a weird feeling that I am getting. I feel as if the love I had for home isn't the same as before. I know that I am home, that I have my family with me, but it feels as if something is missing.

I ignored the feeling as much as I could. Turning my thinking to something else.

******

My eyes begin to open as I start to wake up from my nap. There is still some sunlight out but I can tell that sunset is soon coming. As I wake up more I can hear voices coming from downstairs. I rise from the bed carefully before making my way downstairs.