17 : Favor

Colby's POV

"Spit it out princess" Noah responds, making my body freeze. She called me princess. Hearing those words just made me feel something I haven't felt in weeks. My body is having all these reactions at once.

I look at Ava who looks at me with a surprised expression not quite the same as mine but still surprised. We both now are looking at Noah.

"What?" she asks us.

"Y-you just called me princess"

"No I didn't"

"Yes you did"

"I did?" she looks at Hunter who nods yes. "Oh, I'm sorry I don't know why I said that" she looks taken back by the fact that she made that comment. They're in there. The memories are there!

"What happened to your host skills cousin. Aren't you going to let us in?" Hunter walks closer to Noah.

"Oh um yeah come in" she responds. I can tell she is still thinking about what she said and why she can't understand why she said that.

I follow behind Ava and Hunter. As we enter I admire the home. It is lovely. To my surprise the home is filled with colors other than neutral ones. There are beautiful plants throughout. The home feels how Noah makes me feel. It is a bright, warm, and welcoming home. It has a similar feel to how my home was before everything that happened.

On the way towards the living room I pass by some family photos. I can't help but smile seeing Noah with her siblings.

"So I see that you have finally come to visit my cousin for your date" Noah talks with Ava.

"Yeah" Ava smiles.

"Good, now hopefully she will shut up about it. This girl just goes on and on about yo-" Noah gets cut off by Hunter's hand covering her mouth.

"Okay that's enough of that" she holds on tightly to Noah. "That head trauma really did a number on you huh cousin" Noah pushes Hunter off of her but they both laugh.

"But speaking of dates, me and Ava do have ours to go on so we'll see you both later" Hunter quickly pulls Ava away, practically running to the front door. 

"Wait Hunter no!" I try to stop them but was unsuccessful. Great.

I slowly turn back around to Noah, "Hi" I smile softly.

"Hey"

"So...how are you?"

"Good. Well besides the whole trauma thing" she says with some irritation.

"How has therapy been going?" I ask wanting to know more.

"Did Hunter seriously invite you here then drop you off with me so she can go on a date with Ava?" she changes the subject.

"Yeah looks like it"

"Why did you come here in the first place?" she asks with a neutral expression.

"Well Ava mentioned that she was coming to see Hunter and they invited me to come. I also thought it would be nice to maybe be able to see you. Check up on how your recovery is going"

"Why?"

"Ease some nerves"

"Well I'm fine so no need to worry about me"

"Are you though?" I ask. My question does not grant me a good response. I can see the frustration building up on Noah's face.

"Why the hell won't anyone just fucking believe me when I say I'm fine!" she answers.