8 : Communication

Colby's POV

Four weeks later

The past few weeks since me and Noah spoke about everything that is going on have been great. We have been enjoying our time together rather than constantly bickering at each other like before. We haven't had the talk about what we are yet, which I know we should have, but things were really good. I didn't want things to change. I need good in my life currently.

Right now things between us are still in unknown territory. It is like we are living in a constant gray area. She isn't my girlfriend, but she also isn't no one. Whenever someone flirts with me I can feel the anger emit off of Noah. It is as if she is trying to protect what is hers. The thing is, I'm not hers. Normally I would say that jealousy is toxic, but for some reason I don't care. At times I hope that she comes over to me and kisses me in front of whoever is flirting with me. Letting them know that they can not have me. But it never happens.

For me, I have learned that when it comes to Noah, I can get extremely jealous. I know that people will flirt with her because she is beautiful. It is no surprise. It would be more surprising if they didn't try to get with her, but that doesn't stop my feelings. I get so angry and feel the need to claim what is mine whenever someone flirts with her. I have never felt this type of anger before. It is not anger towards her, it is towards whoever is getting time with her. I know I am sounding really toxic but I don't care. How do I keep what is mine when it isn't mine.

"What's the murder weapon?" Ava whispers in my ear. I turn to her not knowing what she is talking about. She sees my expression and continues, "You are staring at that girl like you are planning her murder. I was curious as to what you would use"

She gestures her head towards my previous direction. We are at a frat party that Ava's friend Caleb invited us to. I think he has a crush on Ava but she swears that it is completely platonic for both sides. The party was fun for the first couple of hours, but now it's not. As I watch some blonde flirt with Noah.

"Who even is that?" I ask my best friend.

"That's Amber. She's president of Sigma Kappa Omega" Ava answers. Ava tends to know who everyone is and they all know her. Since high school Ava has always been the popular one in our trio. She is really good with people and loves parties. Me and Julia were the more quiet ones.

"She's great in bed" Ava lets out bluntly. I snap my neck quickly back to her. "What? We hooked up last semester" she answers.

"You're telling me that a beautiful blonde who is president of a sorority and currently flirty with Noah is great in bed?"

"Yeah I probably shouldn't have told you that" Ava realizes the mistake she just made. My mind starts to go everywhere. "Colbs you don't have anything to worry about. I'm sure Noah is just being nice-"

Ava stops her speech when we both see Amber pull Noah into a kiss.

Why is she kissing someone else? Do I mean nothing to her? Was this all just a game to her?

My thoughts start to take over. I can't stop them. A pressure in my chest starts to happen, it is making it feel hard to breathe. Unable to see anymore I ran out of the frat house. I hear Ava yell out my name but my steps take me all the way out of the house to the front yard. When I stop running that is when the tears start to fall. Why am I crying? Stop crying! You are stronger than this.

"Colby" I hear more shouting.

"Ava I don't want to talk about this right now" I reply back without turning. I don't want her to see me crying over someone.

"Princess" I hear a whisper. I turn around learning that it was not Ava who was calling me. I quickly wipe the tears from my face. Noah starts to walk slowly closer to me.