20 : Triggering

Colby's POV

It is our last day here in Richview before having to go back to Boston. The past four days went by quickly. The trip started off rough but it smoothed out eventually. After our deal the first day, Noah was a lot nicer for the following days. Four days will not change much but it is a work in progress. There were still some arguments between us, especially when I would tell her about the four months she lost. These arguments however were not bad ones.

Having to hide that I am telling Noah about her missing time from her family is hard. I don't like lying to them or doing something behind their backs. I tell myself that it is for Noah as a way to ease the anxiety. It's too soon to tell if it's being effective. My hope makes me think that it is.

Although it was not planned, me and Noah ended up spending most of the trip together considering that Hunter and Ava could not separate from one another after their date. I would be more upset about them ditching me if they were not so adorable together.

Ava and Hunter's personalities are very similar in the way that they just want to have as much fun as they can. Enjoying their life to the fullest and not really caring what others think. Neither of them know what social anxiety is or how to not be so blunt. Despite the similarities it seems as though they complete one another. There's balance.

"So it looks like they aren't coming" Noah tells me as I sit on the couch. We are in the basement where her entertainment room is.

"Not surprised" I reply as she takes a seat.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" she asks me.

"Sure, you pick"

"Okay, um" she starts to search for a movie on the tv. "How about this one?" she asks.

"You want to watch Step Brothers?" I ask her. Does she remember watching this? Why did she pick this movie?

"Yeah I've never seen it. For some reason it caught my attention"

"S-sure"

She presses play and the movie begins to play.

Sloane's theory was right. Her memories are gone but not destroyed. They are in there. I just need to figure out how to get them out.

******

My eyes start to open gradually. Realizing that I feel asleep. I have no idea when I fell asleep during the movie. I try to move but something is stopping me. Suddenly I notice that I am not hugging a pillow but rather Noah and that thing stopping me from sitting up is her arm around me.

We must have cuddled up to each other sometime throughout the movie. I stay still not knowing what to do. I don't want to wake her and in all honesty I don't want to move. If I wake her this will be over. I won't be in her arms anymore, but I also don't want to be taking advantage of this situation.

"Princess" she mumbles. I look up to her. She is still asleep. She has never spoken in her sleep before.

"I promise" she continues to mumble. What is she dreaming about? "I'm sorry" I have never wanted to be inside someone's head more than right now. I want to know what she is seeing. She pulls me more into her body.

I reach my hand to her cheek, caressing her face. Her head turns to lean more into my touch. I gently rub my thumb over her cheek. "What are you dreaming?" I whisper in wonder.

"Noah?" some shouts from down the hall making Noah wake up. Her eyes widen when they see the position we are in. I move my hand quickly off of her cheek.