Chapter 38

Park Jongryeo was lying on his bed with sheets pulled right up over his head. But he was writhing around in great distress at the moment.

'Why did I go and say, I think so?! Ughhh!!'

Did I do it right?!

Jongryeo never experienced being courted by Alphas or Betas. So he doesn't have any idea how to properly accept an alpha.

Accepting is the final stage of courting. When an omega accepts the alpha they will officially become partners.

He wildly kicked the sheets away, and finally stopped moving only after a thought popped up into his head out of the blue.

'Then.....'

How was he to decipher Mister Sung Jin Woo's reply, then?

["In that case, should we start living together?"]

He wanted to quickly escape from that situation and told him that he'd think about it before leaving in a hurry, but simply recalling that moment caused such distress that his thought process ground to a complete halt almost immediately.

Blush.

His face blushed from the memories he remembered yet again.

Back when he looked into the maddened eyes of the enlarged summoned creature, he predicted his unavoidable death. Yet, he wasn't afraid.

Jongryeo was ready to use [Earth's Core] as ten claws descended upon him from both sides. But, then....

He felt the warmth coming from his back. At the same time, a familiar scent gently wrapped all around him.

'Ah....'

Jongryeo looked behind him.

He found Jin Woo standing there, deadly glaring at the summoned creature while stopping the claws with his bare hands.

It was true that his heart skipped a beat at that moment.

And then....

["Are you perhaps accepting me?"]

Wasn't it patently unfair to ask a question like that in that sort of situation?

'No, wait.'

Jongryeo shook his head hard as if to shake off all the distracting thoughts. Even if he asked him like that, he should answered him truthfully.

'I'll just say it.'

His lips parted.

Maybe because his mind felt more relaxed when he was around Hunter Sung Jin Woo, he ended up revealing a side of him that he always kept hidden.

It was as if he wasn't himself anymore.

'....As if I wasn't myself?'

Those words sounded rather familiar for some reason.

Where could it have been from? He could vaguely remember hearing a similar expression from somewhere.

It was then - a piece of memory once erased from his mind brushed past his brain.

- ....Please, pass it on.

Jongryeo quickly bolted upright.

'.....!!'

He finally recalled that voice, a voice that seemed to slowly fade away to the other side, just like a waking dream. Even though it couldn't have been that long ago.

- ....Please, pass this message on.

'I, I....'

Jongryeo did his very best to remember the contents of the voice as well as the owner of it. The full scope of the memory, blurry and indistinct as if a thick veil of fog was covering it, slowly regained its former glory.