Chapter 30

"Uwaaahh!!"

The Korean team was currently surrounded by a swarm of ants.

Ma Dong Wook fought; Lim Tae-Gyu fought; Choi Jong-In also fought, and even the cameraman had to kill the ants. However, there was seemingly no end to the waves upon waves of ants.

"Pant, pant, pant....."

All sounds had stopped and all Baek Yoonho could hear was his own heavy breathing.

'Is this the end?'

He quickly wiped the blood trickling down below his eyebrow with the back of his hand. With their lone Healer-type Hunter gone, they had no avenue to deal with these many monsters now.

This resistance was a futile one, indeed.

Even then, he couldn't bring himself to give up - because two of his most precious friends had lost their lives in this damn place. He definitely didn't want to dig his grave where they were buried, too.

"Uwaaaah-!!"

He destroyed the head of yet another ant. However, countless more replaced the dead one and tried to pounce on him.

Kiieechk!

Kiiehck!!

Baek Yoonho powerfully shook off the ants and stood with his back against a wall. Like this, he at least wouldn't get surrounded from all sides now.

"Pant, pant...."

He raised his head and searched for other Hunters. His colleagues, who had been fighting alongside him only a moment ago, could no longer be seen, their figures completely buried within the swarm of ants.

No way. He wanted to believe that it wasn't possible....

He bit his lower lip, but then, was jolted out of his senses with a sudden presence appearing behind his back.

He spun around rapidly and threw a punch, but stopped before he reached his target. Because... the one standing behind him wasn't an ant.

'What.... Who is this?'

It was, in fact, a 'soldier' decked out in black full-body armor.

This was his first time seeing one, but then again, he heard plenty of times before about this 'thing' from Park Hui-Jin who had been involved with the Red Gate incident.

'Isn't this....??'

Baek Yoonho cried out in surprise.

"Why is this thing here?"

It was then.

From the soldier, a familiar voice came out.

- "Exchange."

___________

Jin Woo calmly scanned his surroundings.

'........'

The last time he got to meet the members of the Korean raid team in the Association's gymnasium, he had inserted one of the Shadow Soldiers in Baek Yoonho's shadow, just in case. What a relief it was that he did that.

It seemed that what he'd been watching wasn't a live broadcast, as the situation here was far worse than the stuff shown on the TV screen before it got cut off. He managed to save the weakest of the lot, the cameraman, first, but the other rank S Hunters were still surrounded by countless ant monsters.

'What should I do now?'

The quickest way to deal with this situation would be to summon Fangs out and sweep these pesky ants away in one go with his trademark pillar of flames. But, if Jin Woo did that, he couldn't guarantee the safety of the rank S Hunters.