chapter 27

It's a good thing, it was still a warning message; there was no emergency quest, like back then with Hwang Dongsuk or Kang Taeshik.

"It's pathetic if you lose right in front of your omega."

Swish-!!

Goto Ryuji's outstretched hand, aimed at Jin Woo's eye, narrowly missed and ended up slicing his cheek just a little. If his reflexes that had reached the absolute limit, didn't react in time and tilt his head out of the way, he might have really lost his eye just now.

It was an attack that clearly carried the intent to kill, and it was clearly aimed at a vital spot of the human anatomy. But more importantly, What Goto Ryuji said just now. Was that a challenge?

Is he challenging him for the claim of Park Jongryeo? Such a thing would never be accepted during a training match like this.

Grit.

In the blink of an eye, the atmosphere changed.

"Ah."

Baek Yoonho unconsciously spat out a frightened gasp.

The first person to sense the abrupt shift in the atmosphere was actually Goto Ryuji, however. Unfortunately for him, although his body understood the change, his head could not.

The chilly air roused sleeping goosebumps to break out all over his body, and all the hair on the back of his neck stood up. He had never, ever felt like this before.

'This, what is this....?'

Even before his brain had the time to process anything, Jin Woo grabbed his wrist, hard. Goto Ryuji tried to yank his arm out with all his might, but it wouldn't budge.

'What kind of strength is this....?!'

His gaze briefly lingered on his wrist, before moving on to Jin Woo's face. And he found an icy cold glare.

But what caught Goto Ryuji's attention even more than Jin Woo's cold eyes were his right shoulder and his raised right arm. Jin Woo's arm was cocked back by a lot; a tightly-clenched fist at the end of that arm was aiming at Goto Ryuji's unguarded face.

The air sinking lower all around Goto Ryuji pressed down on his shoulders. He suddenly couldn't breathe anymore.

Why?

Why did he inexplicably think of the word 'death' right at this moment?

But, then....

"Alright, that's enough!"

Baek Yoonho and Park Jongryeo jumped into the fray purely out of instinct and grabbed hold of Jin Woo's right arm.

Jongryeo was tightly hugging Jin Woo's shoulder as if he was trying to pull it down, while Baek Yoonho was grabbing onto his wrist with everything he had.

When Jin Woo looked back, Jongryeo hurriedly shook his head. Even Baek Yoonho was looking at him with anxious eyes.

'.......'

The smell of fresh blue Iris and cedarwood helped Jin Woo to cool his agitation down.

"Fuu."

Jin Woo let off a short sigh and released Goto Ryuji's wrist.

The Japanese man rubbed his now-freed wrist and retreated quickly. Meanwhile, the interpreter hurriedly arrived near his side.

Jongryeo spoke to him.

"Let's stop the sparring session here, since the mood seems to have turned for the worse. Please tell the Japanese for us."

The interpreter nodded his head.