Chapter 13

Jongryeo let out a cry of happiness.

"Yes!!"

He tightly clenched his fists. The taste of success was so much sweeter since he had to go through two failures to get here.

However, the good news didn't end there.

[The sovereign's voice had awakened the illuminated beast.]

[You have succeeded in strengthening your illuminated soldier.]

[The illuminated's level will now start at 7.]

'I succeeded in strengthening? What?'

A soldier's starting level could be higher than 1?

Jongryeo's eyes widened once more. Just as the message said, the soldier emerging from the golden dust carried 'level 7' in its status.

"What the!!"

Jongryeo spat out a short gasp.

The newly-emerged soldier looked different than it was in his memories.

The Essence Stone came from a magic beast he killed, the Golden-Winged King, Alatus. Jongryeo had a difficult time defeating the monster. Mainly cause the beast possesses tremendous quickness.

The fact that it can fly and move extremely fast is the toughest monster he ever encountered. Jongryeo didn't have long-range skills at that time.

Nevertheless, he was the victor at the end.

The figure in front of him doesn't resemble the magic beast, at all.

A tall man with dark medium-length hair with teal undertones, pale skin, golden irises with avian pupils, and red eyeshadow.

Donning a white sleeveless shirt with subtle cloud patterns. It has a high black collar with golden accents, with its left side extending further to cover his shoulder. He wears baggy dark purple pants, and wears dark purple boots overtop. He has black and dark turquoise gloves with gold decals and a necklace. Around his left arm, he wears a white and gold sleeve with a red lining.

Aside from the amazing transmogrification. The newly-born Alatus didn't display a single hint of animosity towards him. No, it just stood there quietly, waiting for Jongryeo to give it a new order.

Thump, thump.

Jongryeo's heart began pounding in excitement as he stared at Alatus. And there was a big grin etched on his face. Even though his heart was palpitating, there was something he was curious about.

Jongryeo's gaze shifted just above Alatus's head.

'Why doesn't this guy have a name?'

[?? Lv. 7]

Knight grade

For some strange reason, there were a couple of question marks instead of its name.

'And its grade is also different.'

He understood that its level was high because of that strengthening thing, but still, this guy exhibited quite a few differences from the regular infantrymen.

Perhaps it read Jongryeo's mind because the System sent him a new message with excellent timing.

[You can bestow a name to a knight-grade soldier.]

[The bestowed name will be maintained until the illuminated soldier is dismissed.]

[Please set the soldier's name.]

'A name, is it?'

At first, he was at a loss with this unexpected demand, but soon enough, he recalled that this 'guy' already had a name and a smile crept up on his face. There should be no problem calling it by its original name, no?