Chapter 11

What's going on?

Everything was going well, so why did 'Alchemist' pop out instead of the expected 'Fighter'??

Jongryeo dazedly stared at the message. He even rubbed his eyes several times, but nothing changed.

[Your Job has been set as 'Alchemist'.]

The message still floated up there, unchanging.

He couldn't believe it at first, then he became really angry next.

'I've never even touched the Intelligence Stat, so what the hell?!'

Just how did he end up with a rare job not even found among countless Mage-type Hunters in the world??

From the moment Jongryeo awoke from this unfamiliar body, he was always a close-quarters fighter. With the exception of magic-type skills, he always used spears, and the skills he had until now were perfectly suited for the role of a fighter.

That was why he hadn't even thought of the possibility that his job would end up belonging to a different type altogether.

It was a magic type, no less... No, more than that, an Alchemist!!

His knowledge of different jobs came from video games, but even then, he knew enough about what being an Alchemist entailed.

A mage that combined science and magic to transmute and craft any material within their vicinity.

No matter how much he thought about it, that image just didn't correlate to him whatsoever.

Jongryeo frowned deeply and shook his head.

'....Let's calm down, first.'

Even if his thoughts were complicated, his responses should be calm.

Being calm and cool-headed were Jongryeo's ultimate weapons. He controlled his rage and regained his cool head soon afterward.

'Hang on, isn't this....'

Denial, then rage.

He suddenly felt like he was acting like a patient who just heard the diagnosis of terminal illness, and was going through the so-called five stages of grief.

'Rage... then, it's supposed to be negotiation, is it? Or was it compromise?'

Of course, there was no way he'd be allowed to negotiate or come to a compromise with the System.

If he were to think about the advantages of being an Alchemist, then.... just as the System alluded to, he could create his own army? About that much?

Never mind the question of this Job being suitable for him or not, he wasn't even confident of handling the fallout from that.

[Will you accept this Job?]

The System demanded his answer.

What a relief that was.

'At least I can still say yes or no.....'

Jongryeo spat out a sigh.

If the Job wasn't forced down his throat, then that meant there was another opportunity for him. If he still had another shot, then there was no reason to sweat so much right now.

[Y/N gladly (?) refused the suggestion.]

"No way."

When he did that, the message asked him again.

[The 'Alchemist' is a hidden Job. Will you still refuse?]

Although it was asking the same thing for the second time, he found himself unable to quickly answer back.