Chapter 6

These battles felt like he was revisiting schoolwork.

The notion sounded funny, but that's what Jongryeo ended up thinking, totally out of the blue.

During the past two hours of hunting inside the dungeon, he met four different types of monsters.

Knights, Mages, Assassins, and Archers.

"Is it Stealth this time?"

An assassin-type suddenly vanished from his senses.

Jongryeo didn't panic and extended his 'Perception' to its fullest. And soon enough, picked up on the presence sneaking up on him from behind.

Swish!

Jongryeo powerfully smacked away the assassin's dagger with his trusty 'Vortex Vanquisher', and seizing the opening created as the monster was pushed back, thrust forward in a deadly and accurate attack of his own.

The blade accurately landed in the middle of the target's chest.

Stab!

[You defeated the assassin.]

[Level up!]

The assassin received a fatal wound and turned into a wisp of black smoke before disappearing from his view with nary a scream.

Plop.

And where it once stood, only the leather clothes it used to wear remained.

'Why are they all humanoid-type monsters, anyway?'

Every time he 'killed' them, he felt as if....

Jongryeo slowly shook his head.

One nice thing here was that he couldn't see the monsters' faces; knights wore helmets, assassins, and archers used deep hoods, and mages used hats attached to their robes to hide most of their faces.

Jongryeo turned around to continue on his journey.

But then!

A flash of blinding light exploded right in front of his eyes. A mage had hidden itself and quietly completed a light magic spell.

Blast!!

An ear-splitting explosion occurred next.

However, Jongryeo was already well behind the mage by the time that happened.

".....!!"

The mage sensed his presence behind it and flinched grandly as he hurriedly recited another chant. Too bad, Jongryeo didn't miss this opening and swung his spear diagonally.

The mage, too, turned into a wisp of smoke and disappeared.

Plop.

Jongryeo glared down at the ownerless robe on the ground and stored the dagger back in the Inventory.

'I got hit by one of those, way back when I got too careless.'

The thing was, he was already ready to react as soon as he began sensing Mana gathering around in a single point.

Jongryeo wasn't dumb enough to get hit by a similar magic to that dead guy's.

This was one of the reasons why he thought that all these battles were like him studying and revisiting his past fights.

'That's not all, is it?'

In order to defeat different types of monsters, he needed different Stats.

For knights, it was Strength. For assassins, Perception. Archers, Agility. And finally, for mages, it was Stamina.

The whole thing was set up in a way that if any of the corresponding Stats weren't high enough, he'd have a real hard time trying to deal with the individual monsters.