Chapter 25

The footage shown was quite a shocking one.

Shot from a CCTV camera placed high up on a stretch of road, the viewer could see how deserted this unknown street was; it was so quiet that, even after the footage had been greatly sped up, only a handful of cars drove by.

One might even end up suspecting that the road was located in the sparsely-populated outskirts of a city or even in a rural area.

The sped-up footage was slowed down greatly. And then, it happened.

A saloon appeared on the edge of the screen. It was moving fast enough that even when the footage had been slowed down, one could still sense its high speed.

But then, in the blink of an eye....

A black thing suddenly appeared before the speeding car. It was a dark lifeform, standing on two feet like a person. The car couldn't slow down sufficiently with this sudden development. However, no such thing as the car and the unknown lifeform colliding ever occurred.

Just before the collision happened, the car suddenly flew up in the air.

The dark lifeform easily flipped the mid-sized saloon speeding towards it with one hand, and then, dragged the unconscious driver out from the wreckage to devour the poor guy from the head.

That surely would've been the noise most likely to be captured by a mic, had the CCTV camera been equipped with one.

The footage came to an end there.

Jin Woo shifted his gaze away from the giant TV screen filling up an entire wall of the Association President's office, and to Go Gunhee sitting on the other side of the table.

The older man slowly put the remote down.

"Three hundred people."

Unlike some others, he didn't speak about the neighboring nation's misfortune with an easygoing attitude.

"That one and managed to kill that many people."

"Were the Japanese too slow to respond?"

"That's not correct."

Go Gunhee shook his head.

"From what I hear, the Japanese Hunters only took 30 minutes to get to the location. But, in that short period of time, a small village was wiped off the map."

Japan boasted one of the most advanced Hunter systems in all of Asia. And a country like that had to experience such a level of devastation, so what would happen if an ant entered the South Korean border?

Go Gunhee had viewed that footage multiple times already, but he still was overcome with a chilling premonition of an impending crisis every time he did.

'Before it's too late, we need to destroy the ants once and for all.'

The subjugation operation would get underway in four days. The Japanese had been demanding the release of the final list of all Korean Hunters participating in the operation for a few days now.

However, using his authority as the leader of the Korean side, Go Gunhee delayed the announcement of the final list. The reason for that was simple.

Because no one could get in touch with Jin Woo until now.

And so, after a long wait, the moment of the list being finalized had arrived. Go Gunhee continued on with a trembling heart.

"We'll go to Jeju Island and get rid of the ants found there."

He formed a pleading expression next.

"And that is why we need your help, Sung Jin Woo Hunter-nim."

Next up, Go Gunhee's expression shifted to one of anxiety.