Chapter 3

On the way home.

Vroom....

Park Jongryeo was busy licking his lips in unhappiness as he drove the van.

"Tsk...."

'What a waste, but there's nothing I can do now.'

He'd still be able to kill a boss from a high-ranking dungeon in the future. What was important now was to quickly raise his skill levels high enough so that he'd not miss out on another chance.

Levelling up. Now that was something Jongryeo excelled in.

And also....

Jongryeo's hand left the steering wheel for a little while, as a beige-colored spear with an elegant, flowing, arched blade appeared in his grip.
_________________________________________

[Item: Vortex Vanquisher]

Level of Difficulty: -----

Type: Polearm

ATK: +210

Increases Shield Strength: 25%

This sharp polearm can seemingly pierce through anything. When swung, one can almost see the rift it tears in the air.
_________________________________________

Well, he didn't walk away completely empty-handed. He received this item on his last quest and this was the first time he used it. He figured he would do a test run on the boss.

'Vortex Vanquisher, eh?'

Not only did it feature high attacking power, but it also raised his Shield Strength, too.

This was probably one of the best weapons to replace the 'Prototype Starglitter' that had been losing its effectiveness lately.

'I like the way it feels in my hand, too.'

While he was mulling over the things that happened inside the Red Gate, he had arrived before his penthouse.

Park Jongryeo's home.

Screech.

__________________

The next morning.

"Yawn~."

Jongryeo yawned grandly as he stepped out of the house foyer. He turned around to leave, he spotted a familiar face standing in the corridor.

"Hunter Park Jongryeo."

A low and thick, manly voice.

Sharp, scary eyebrows.

He was none other than Woo Jinchul from the Monitoring Division.

Jongryeo didn't reply. There was no reason to, nor did he particularly feel like it, either. Instead, there was something else he wanted to ask.

"How did you find out where I lived?"

"You wrote your address in your Hunter I.D."

Dammit.

'Well, that's going to change soon.'

Should he chalk that up to the swift nature befitting the Monitoring Division?

Jongryeo let a smirk form on his face.

"Well, then. How can I help you?"

"There is someone who'd like to speak to you. Would you mind accompanying me for a little while?"

The infamous Monitoring Division of the Hunters Association.

The main role the Monitoring Division performed was to watch and manage those high-risk Hunters, as well as to punish those who broke the law. From Hunter's perspective, they weren't really a welcoming presence.