Chapter 36

The moment the ground disappeared and they got sucked into the shadow, Jin Woo looked at Park Jongryeo falling together at the same time.

'As I thought....'

His expectation was on the money.

He wondered if the skill 'Shadow Exchange' worked in this manner while using it a few times in the past, and he was right.

The identity of the skill 'Shadow Exchange' was actually a 'Gate'. That theory was proven correct when Jongryeo traveled alongside him through the shadow.

'The entrance is generated below my feet, and the exit is where the determined coordinates are.'

And those coordinates would be the location of a Shadow Soldier.

Even though there was a limitation of the three-hour-long cooldown time, he was still able to create a Gate with this skill. If he wanted to, then wouldn't it be possible for him to move to the other side of the planet every three hours? Jin Woo unconsciously swallowed his saliva.

But, his stunned state lasted only for a brief while longer.

His view covered up by the inky darkness reverted to normal almost right away. And the two of them found themselves inside the Association's gymnasium.

The last time he came here, Jin Woo left behind a shadow just in case he found himself in an urgent need to visit the Association.

Ting! Ting! Ting! Ting!

The overhead lighting system sensed the magic energy from them and the bulbs came on one by one, brightly illuminating the gymnasium's interior.

Jongryeo opened his eyes after sensing the brightness through his closed eyelids.

"....."

His brows shot up as he failed to hide his astonishment. They were already in a familiar place.

He sensed only about one-second passing by, yet the surroundings were completely different when he opened his eyes.

'It's similar to my Sentinel Switch'

He had never expected that Sung Jin Woo had the same skill as his. Jongryeo looked around in utter amazement before shifting his gaze back to Jin Woo.

"You....."

He had so, so many things he wanted to ask, but in the end, he couldn't open his lips to voice any of them.

The first reason for that was because he didn't even know just where to start his questions, and secondly, their distance was far, far too close for a spot of personal conversation.

"It's safe now, so...."

Jin Woo lightly grasped his wrists and unwrapped his arms around his waist.

"....It's okay to let go of me now."

Nod, nod.

Jongryeo lightly rubbed the wrists he had grasped and wordlessly nodded his head.

"Okay. Let's get started."

Jin Woo walked out of the corner the High Orc Shadow Soldier was probably hiding in, and strode towards the center of the gymnasium.

"Alright."

Jongryeo followed behind him.

"You have a weird fashion sense....."

"What?"

"You know, the baseball cap you wear while in a business suit back then in the A-rank dungeon with High Orcs in it."

Jongryeo face reddened as soon as he remembered a small detail he'd been wanting to forget.