Chapter 15

Park Jongryeo finally arrived at the location of the second-rank A Gate.

He had his baseball cap pushed down low, and as a result, only a few passersby recognized him.

Though it is a bit weird for him to wear a cap in a black business suit.

The first thing he did was to seek out the mining team.

A few Hunters walked past him and sneaked a couple of glances, but they were all working for the Guild anyway and none of them paid him any great attention after that.

Eventually, he could see Bae Yoon-Suk in the distance - as well as the mining team around him.

Thump, thump!

His heart began beating faster.

Standing a little bit of distance away from them, he scanned the faces of each miner present.

'Where is he...?'

He couldn't see Sung Jin woo among them.

How should he say this? It felt like all of his energy was abandoning him at once.

'Did he give up on being a miner?'

Why don't I wait for another minute? He could have left the spot for only a moment and is coming back soon.

Three minutes more.

No, maybe five.

....And so, he waited for another 15 minutes, but Jin woo didn't show up in the end.

"Fuu...."

After spitting out a long sigh, Jongryeo turned around to leave. But, only after taking a couple of steps, he turned around again and returned to his original spot.

He yanked his cap off and took in several deep breaths, before walking towards Bae Yoon-Suk. The gazes of the mining team members were directed to him now.

Thankfully, the stink wasn't so bad, perhaps due to the ranks of Hunters in the mining team being low.

"Uh? Uhhh?"

Recognizing Jongryeo, Bae Yoon-Suk quickly ran over to him.

"Park Hunter-nim? What are you doing here?"

"Hi."

Jongryeo shared a simple greeting with Bae Yoon-Suk and after making sure that no one was eavesdropping on him, he cautiously asked him a question.

"By any chance... Is there a Hunter named Sung Jin woo working for you?"

"Mister Sung?"

Hearing an unexpected name being mentioned out of the blue, Bae Yoon-Suk formed a surprised expression.

"If you're looking for Mister Sung, he subbed for a porter's job...."

"A porter?!"

Jongryeo gasped out in shock.

"Are you saying he actually went inside the Gate?!"

Bae Yoon-Suk nodded his head vigorously as if to show that he, too, couldn't believe it.

"Yes, sir. That's what happened."

A Hunter volunteered as a porter and entered an A-rank dungeon? And he didn't even have dozens of lives or anything, too.

'What was he thinking?'

But, when Jongryeo thought about it, didn't he find that man loitering around the boss room a couple of days ago with weapons in his hands? Indeed, he did not see wrong back then.