Chapter 7

The door to the boss room finally opened.

The interior was completely shrouded in darkness.

Even with Jongryeo's eyesight, greatly enhanced by his Perception Stat, he found it hard to see one inch in front of him. All he could see clearly was the ground beneath his feet.

The floor was covered in stone tiles.

The ash-colored tiles, laid with no visible gaps in between, gave off this feeling of heaviness and barren chill.

As soon as he set foot on this floor....

Whooosh!

Countless torches lining up the walls lit up all at once and illuminated the interior.

'As I thought... it's almost the same as back in that underground temple.'

Jongryeo maintained his vigilance. He scanned his vicinity and cautiously stepped forward.

Several giant stone pillars stood erect to his left and right; at the far end of this 'room', he could see a tall throne

'It's as if....'

This place reminded him of the king's audience chamber from a fantasy movie. Of course, the scale was noticeably larger, though.

A few steps later, the door issued a loud bang and closed shut behind him.

BANG!!

Jongryeo glanced back, but he didn't panic. He already expected something like that to happen. Jongryeo resumed his careful march forward.

'....I can sense a powerful presence.'

"Stop hiding and reveal yourself."

Jongryeo summoned Vortex Vanquisher and used one of his skills.

[Active Skill: Star Jades]

6 elegant, gems were summoned and orbited around him.

"..."

"You're not coming out? Fine." Jongryeo raises his left hand toward where the strongest mana is accumulated.

The orbiting gems were fired on a small arcing path.

As it home near the target it was deflected before it hits.

Clang!

The metallic clang reverberated loudly and a figure slowly became visible.

A tall and lean man with jet-black hair showed himself.

'Is he the boss?'

The man has the presence of a monster but he looks more human compared to those humanoid monsters he fought.

Unauthorized personnel?

Jongryeo gazed coldly at the man as he studied him further. The man looked a bit worried and contemplating something as well.

Jongryeo felt like he knew this man. Not to length of personal matters but more on like he met this man once.

"Hunter Sung Jin woo?" His voice sounded incredibly earnest.

When he saw the man flinch, he was too late to notice how he sounded weird so he coughed casually and immediately composed himself.

"Hunter Sung, may I ask why are you here?"

"I should ask the same for you. Why is a member of the Hunters Association Surveillance doing in a place like this?"

It was a reasonable question. Sung Jin woo is actually a registered 'Hunter' so he is allowed to enter dungeons like this. On the other hand, Jongryeo is now a registered member of the Hunters Association.