Chapter 29

Park Jongryeo immediately felt something was very wrong as soon as he saw the ant monster leisurely entering the queen's chamber.

'What's this...?'

It was almost impossible to locate the creature without keeping his eyes locked on it constantly; that's how difficult it was to sense its presence.

There were only two beings out of all the Hunters and the monsters he met until now, that had this sort of effect on Jongryeo. One of them was this ant monster right in front of his eyes, and the other one was....

'....Mister Sung Jin Woo.'

He inexplicably recalled Sung Jin Woo, who had finally bared his hidden fangs at Japan's most powerful Hunter a couple of days ago.

What if that man stood in front of him as his enemy?

Shudder.

He felt a crippling chill ran down his spine.

'.....'

Just imagining it alone caused his expression to harden considerably. The entrance of this unknown ant monster was definitely not good news for the Korean Hunters, who were still deeply fatigued from fighting the ant queen.

"That thing...."

"Something's wrong with that monster."

"It feels really creepy."

It wasn't to the extent of Baek Yoonho or Jongryeo, but other Hunters also felt a certain sense of incongruence here.

Gulp.

It was just a single monster, yet the atmosphere was shifting rather rapidly.

'What should we do?'

Ma Dong Wook was inwardly worried. When faced with an unexpected situation, a leader has to make a quick decision. Especially so, when they were pressed for time like this.

'It's a monster, so we should just kill it, but....'

But.

Just why was he feeling this enormous sense of unease right now?

While they stood there pondering and hesitating, the ant monster narrowed the distance between them quite quickly. Its movements were so eerily quiet that goosebumps automatically rose up on their skins.

'We don't have the time to hesitate like this.'

By the time Ma Dong Wook finally managed to suppress the warning bells rung by his instincts and made the next logical decision....

....The monster suddenly disappeared from his view.

"Where?!"

Ma Dong Wook's eyes opened super-wide as he hurriedly scanned his vicinity. The reactions of other Hunters weren't all that different, either.

"Behind...."

The cameraman anxiously looking around belatedly located the monster and shouted out.

"It's behind us!!"

The Hunters were startled by this and quickly turned around. With the speed none of them could see, the ant monster had slipped past the Hunters to stand before the dead corpse of the ant queen.

'It went past us?!'

'But, how....??'

Just like that, the Hunters of the Korean raid team finally got to see what Baek Yoonho saw earlier with his 'Eyes of the Beast'.