chapter 37

Jongryeo wasn't asking him here. No, it sounded as if he was just trying to confirm what he knew already.

Jin Woo quietly shook his head.

As if he was waiting for that, Jongryeo immediately carried on.

"Please call out your strongest summon. We agreed to do it from that get-go, didn't we?"

"But, you may get injured."

"It's fine. I wanted to fight it at least one more time, anyway."

Jin Woo's eyes widened from his declaration.

"Wait, you knew?"

Nod, nod.

"I saw the video footage."

Jongryeo had watched the raid video starring Jin Woo several times by now.

The giant monster that made its appearance during the clip - he definitely remembered seeing that monster shooting out the pillar of flames from somewhere.

"That summoned creature, that was the High Orc Shaman, the boss of that A-rank dungeon. Am I correct?"

If that was the case, then the mutated ant monster he hunted down this time would also have become his summoned creature, as well. From the word go, he chose to go through the test while thinking of fighting that mutated ant.

'There is no meaning in a victory like this.'

He wanted to defeat the summoned creature that used the powers of the mutated ant monster, and thereby get Jin Woo to acknowledge his true strength.

He pondered for a little bit, before nodding his head.

'Beru'.

Right away, a Shadow Soldier enshrouded in jet-black smoke rose up behind Jin Woo.

Jongryeo instinctively jumped back and created some distance as soon as he saw Beru's entrance.

Back then or now, that guy carried a truly horrendous aura.

Jin Woo got worried when all color drained out of Jongryeo's face and quickly asked him.

"Will this really be fine?"

Even if Beru had gotten weaker compared to when he was alive, this guy was originally a killing weapon born solely for the purpose of eliminating Hunters.

Jongryeo's lips were squeezed shut in a straight line, as he nodded his head.

Beru had been staring at him quietly for a while, before lowering his head to whisper a question to Jin Woo.

'My liege. How should I deal with this man?'

Jongryeo must've been unable to hear what Beru was saying because he showed no particular reaction at all.

'Defeat him without injuring him.'

'It shall be done.'

The former king of the ants and the current Shadow Soldier turned towards the deeply tense male warrior.

Gulp.

Jongryeo swallowed his dry saliva. He felt goosebumps break out on his skin from the enormous amount of magic energy emitted by his opponent.

'Mister Sung Jin Woo fought against a creature like this and won?'

Jongryeo's eyes which showed no signs of hesitation while fighting against Igris were now trembling greatly. Beru was done with the necessary preparation to follow his sovereign's order, and suddenly, spat out a mighty screech.